What can I tweak

(Martha) #21

Okay. I was thinking fat adapted which I know I am. I really, really don’t like to exercise just to exercise. :-/ I have so much work to do that I just can’t convince myself I could enjoy it. I guess that’s why I’d rather just eat a little more fat if it would get the job done. I appreciate your taking the time to respond and explain what you meant. I do keto, but I did little or no research on exercise benefits while doing keto other than to burn calories. Still hoping to find an “easy” read, no effort, to quit being cold so much.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #22

Ketosis is not the goal, not really. The real goal is low insulin levels and fat-adaptation. Low insulin allows ketogenesis by the liver to occur, but that’s not the whole story. In the following lecture, Professor Bikman explains that the key is the ratio of insulin to glucagon. In the presence of carbohydrate, that ratio can increase seventy-fold when protein intake increases, whereas in the the absence of carbohydrate, the story is quite different:

(Martha) #23

Thank you so much for the YouTube link about how protein consumption is not as much of a concern for people in ketosis. Actually seeming to be necessary to get the carnitine to allow the burning of fat. Definitely something I needed to know. I will try adding more fatty protein to my diet and hopefully that will help with my need for heat.