What brisket SHOULD look like (pics)

Wagyu brisket seems to be a bit of an oxymoron. Brisket is normally a tough cut of meat made tender by (in my case) smoking at low temps (225F) for 12-16 hours. But if you do the same thing with fine meat. Well that is another level.

This pic is after smoking for about 8 hours using pecan wood. More pics when done!!

(Bacon for the Win) #2

that looks amazing. And not a terrible price for wagyu. When is dinner?

Lunch today!!

(Doug) #4

That is one hellaciously good lookin’ brisket. :sunglasses:

Pretty amazing taste

Screw you Texans and your awesome beef prices! You slap the word Wagyu on it it’d be $40/lb here. I gotta move to TX, hot weather, palm trees, beef. I need nothing else.

(Bunny) #7

Yummy!

(FRANK) #8

@lfod14, on your way to Texas, swing by central Wisconsin and pick me up! I’d move to Texas for those prices too.

Here I thought they were high. I got wagyu for 5.99, prime for 3.49 and choice angus for 3.49

You are all welcome here in the LSS

(Bob M) #10

Wow, that’s cheap. Really cheap.

(Central Florida Bob ) #11

Gorgeous!

I can’t find a packer brisket around central Florida no matter what I do. When I find just the brisket flat, the low fat, tougher part, it’s $10/lb.

The point is the much better part of course. Similarly we have to look around for tritip which you can get everywhere in California. Regional demand differences. Even in FL a good butcher should be able to order one for you but yikes on the prices!

(Central Florida Bob ) #13

How was the Wagyu brisket? Better than usual? The point looks wonderful and moist.

Was it a routine cook - easier or harder or anything memorable?

Our regular butcher shop sold everything and retired. I need to find a replacement.

It was fantastic and in particular the fat is highly edible. When I microwave some leftovers I put a touch of that fat on it and it resumes being super moist.

Had the Wagyu brisket out at Blackboard’s once. It was very good. It was noticeably fattier but brisket is already such a fatty cut there wasn’t a massive difference.