What are you ordering at Starbucks?

Sorry to hear that, but it doesn’t give me any.

I’m allergic to all raw veggies, but I know that’s a problem limited to me and anyone else with Oral Allergy Syndrome, not an intrinsic problem with the vegetables themselves.

(traci simpson) #163

I think its safe to say “different strokes, for different folks” and let this issue go.

(traci simpson) #164

So I asked how they make their foam and it’s made from skim milk so I’m gonna order it without the foam as I don’t want sugar water in my coffee.

(Robert) #165

I confess, I was kinda worried where this post was headed when I saw this. I usually have to pay extra for those kind of posts.

(Jody) #166

That’s good to know!

(JustGettingStarted) #167

redbush??

(John) #169

Did I reply to this thread already? Maybe so.

When I go to Starbucks, I get any of the following:

• Black coffee, other than blonde roast which I don’t care for. Large or extra-large.

• Americano, which is espresso plus hot water. Usually the large (“grande”). Apparently expresso shots have some carbs and more calories, compared to plain coffee.

• Sous vide egg bites. These definitely contain some carbs (9g in the bacon and gruyere version). Some days when I need a quick breakfast on the go, this is what I get. Not a frequent thing, and I take it into account when choosing other foods during the day.

I have always preferred coffee black for many decades, so that’s not a big deal for me. I used to occasionally get a flavored latte as a “treat” during holiday seasons, but none of that these days.

That’s about it. I still buy their whole bean coffees and grind them at home. I’m sure coffee aficionados will sneer at me, but I like it fine.

(JustGettingStarted) #170

Ohhh, How does it taste? I need to learn to drink unsweetened tea.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #172

Starbuck’s coffee is too expensive, when Folger’s classic blend sells for $6.79 a pound. It may be my inner Scotsman talking, but Folger’s tastes better, as far as I can tell.

(John) #173

Enjoy. Always nice if what you like is also less expensive.

(Alex) #174

large cold brew, black, easy on the ice. way better than their standard iced coffee. tastes like candy to me at this point

(traci simpson) #175

SO the last two days I’ve had gastro problems and I think its the whipped cream on my cold brew. I wasn’t getting whipped cream on it until yesterday and today and man, my stomach was not happy.

(JustGettingStarted) #176

Whipped cream like Redi Whip or heavy whipping cream?

(Ketoviking) #177

Café Verona Tall Black or Colombia tall black

(traci simpson) #178

Like what Starbucks puts in their coffee. Whipped cream vice heavy cream

(traci simpson) #179

I actually tried it again today. Cold brew with a little heavy cream and extra whip and no stomach problems. Maybe it depends on what I had the night previously. Who knows!