Weight loss on day 11?

(Scott) #7

Carbs below 20g, moderate protein and fat to satiaty. Done

Nope. that is good, plus you don’t know if ya lost more because you just got that scale.

eating too little fat and protein isn’t good for many. be sure to eat fresh good meats. the meat will contain good fats you need.

Plus the more you take in from the internet and all, it can get very confusing. Oh boy I got sidetracked on all the info out there.

Rclause is right. Keep those carbs controlled, eat your moderate good delish meats and rock it out.

Your weight loss will happen. When it needs to happen. The body will do this for you :slight_smile: Just keep eating clean and well and let it all happen for you…it will!

(Keto Koala 🐨) #9

Thankyou :blush:. I ate bit more for dinner tonight and was SO full. Yep I will try to just keep it simple. I’m heading to the butcher next time I’m out. Nothing beats fresh meat. I won’t let the damn scale control my life, not again. I shouldn’t compare to three years ago. In 2016 I completely cut out carbs and sugar but I ate about 300 calories a day and I would lose 2 pounds a day!!..Until I was so weak with hunger I would pass out, come to, then cave in and eat crap. :joy:

yea we can’t go back there :slight_smile: I think also there is that time in life we grab hold of when we say………there has to be a way to do this right?..for me…and then ya go out and find it.

More of a real need ya know. I had some food troubles in my life also.
I had to let it go and it was a fight for sure so I know some of the tough stuff we all have to handle.

But one day I kinda had that…who, what, and where in the hell do I find that right way for me? So I ran off searching info on foods etc and hit low carb info. And I rolled from there.

The strongest and bravest we ever are in life is when we see a personal problem and we set out to fix it. Take on challenges that seem very daunting to handle to change ourselves but hot damn, we are doing it and clawing at a way to make it work for us and heal us.

We’ll all be ok :slight_smile:

(Keto Koala 🐨) #11

I couldn’t agree more with you. I’m glad you found this lifestyle and stopped your hang up with food :blush:. I just thought to myself “Crap, it’s almost 2020, decade of my thirties, I need to get over these food hangups and stop torturing my body”. Xx

(John) #12

I have no idea how much I lost during week one. My scale only goes up to 300, and I was above that, so I weighed this much: |--------| beyond 300, according to my scale. By sheer chance, I had an annual followup with my allergist the following Monday, and they have a balance beam scale, so I weighed myself on that, lightly clothed, and it said 320.

When I got home, wearing the exact same clothes, I weighed on the home scale, and set one of the little sliding markers at where the needle came to rest, and called that 320.

I then decided arbitrarily that the weight of the clothing was equal to whatever weight I lost during week one, and decided I would use 320 as my official starting weight. It may have been 325 or 330 for all I know.

I didn’t have another clear data point until the scale read 300, several weeks later. I didn’t even keep a record of weekly weight measurements until 12 weeks in, when it was down to 282. Only then did I start keeping a record, but only a weekly weight, at the same time every Monday morning, which is what I count as “official”.

When you have a journey of 100 miles, is there any value in anticipating every mile marker on the highway? No, just the major mile markers, to make sure you are still headed in the right direction.

Most of my intermediate goal weights were 10 or 15 pounds apart. I found that was good enough to give me feelings of accomplishment as I achieved one, and helped to give me a nudge to push for the next one as it got closer, without being so distant as be discouraged that I would ever get there.

I still have three ahead of me, but right now I am just focused on the next one. It is close, but elusive. But that closeness of the goal gives me motivation to push on and get there.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #13

Wow, well done you :blush:. Your an inspiration that’s for sure. Yes I think I will avoid the scale for awhile and just let my body adapt. It’s very early days After all. Christ, it hasn’t even been two weeks yet. Xxx

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #14

My advice would be to value the journey, not just the endpoint. Any improvement or accomplishment as you move through this is a victory. For example, I lost 30 lbs the first half of the year but nothing the second half. My accomplishment was that my body continued to change, I stuck with healthy eating, I didn’t gain any weight, my mood and body felt better. The more arbitrary goals you set (need to lose 2 lbs a week), the more you set yourself up for disappointment.

Plus, you’re still learning. No job would expect you meet a quota during your training period. Give yourself space time to get the hang of things.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #16

Thankyou. Yup I’m still learning. I’ll eventually get it. Well done on the weight loss, that’s great!!:blush::heart:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #17

I thought you weren’t going to weigh so you didn’t obsess over the scale :confused:

(Marianne) #18

:sob:

I think that is a lot - almost a pound a day. FYI, your weight loss will slow somewhat after the initial adjustment. My average was 5-8 lbs. a month, more in the beginning.

(Marianne) #19

Be wary; the scale can really mess with your mind.

After starting keto and taking the mystery of it away, I discovered that unlike any other “diet” (keto is not a diet to me), this time I was just going to eat clean and live my life - no scale, no weighing or measuring food, no calorie counting, no exercise. How completely liberating. I don’t think about my weight or what the number may be on the scale. I know I am thin from my clothes. I do get weighed at the doctors’, probably 5-6 times a year.

(Jane) #20

Be sure and take measurements also. Sometimes the scale didn’t move but my jeans got looser.

(Deborah) #21

Hi Aimee,
I don’t worry about the protein, fat ratio at this point. But I have heard that more fat will help you get into ketosis and I’ve heard the debate also. I just eat fatty meats and include cheese.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #22

I know, I shouldn’t. Just wanted to know my starting weight so I wasn’t just guessing and then curiously got the better of me.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #23

Cool thanks. There’s a girl on YouTube who lost 150 pounds in a year and a bit who swears that for keto weight loss you should have more protein than fat and count calories. Then others say the complete opposite. I’m trying not to feel discouraged by all the contradicting info. I’m not quitting, no way. It’s just I really really want to do this right. I’m a person that has always thrived on simple directions so this throws me into a tizz. The macro thing confuses me too because most of the time they don’t have registered the meat I’m gonna eat and they ask me to type it’s nutrition into their data base but it has no label so I don’t know what to do. I’m going to pay and go premium and see if that helps.

You still worry too much. Relax :slight_smile: It’s probably not that easy but I really hope this forum helps you and you will be there one day.
2 pounds in 3 days is usually way too quick for someone who isn’t very heavy BUT it doesn’t mean anything, our bodyweight easily fluctuates more in a day. You weighed yourself for a start weight, fine, now don’t worry about it for very long. Eat properly, get used to keto.

I think I wrote about the fat/protein ratio before in some of your topics… It doesn’t really matter if you eat well and don’t do some therapeutic keto with some fixed numbers.
It’s fine if you eat more protein, it’s fine if you eat a bit or way more fat… Unless if it means overeating, undereating or something similar. You need at least adequate protein. But high protein with less fat if it’s enough food for you and that protein level works for you is fine. Adequate protein with way more fat if you need that food and can eat that food without problems (feeling very queasy isn’t nice) is fine too.
One obviously doesn’t need to count calories for fat-loss. It may be useful, useless, annoying and very harmful too, it depends. It’s better if you don’t count. I don’t think anyone should do it, especially in the beginning (I did because I had to track because of my carb intake and that’s about the same amount of work for me as tracking everything. I was very curious too and I had no problematic past with harmful counting or not eating when hungry). Just get used to this lifestyle, it’s possible things will go to the right direction without the trouble and dangers of counting ever. But eat enough protein, enough food and little enough carbs. If you can do that without tracking, that’s great and the best case.
I eat meat now, mutton at that so I can’t count anyway, who knows the fat percent of the meat I eat? Surely not me, not even vaguely. So, in many cases counting is impossible anyway. Don’t worry about that.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #25

Thank you. I must confess I’ve always been a friggin worry wart. ALL my life, it sucks. Will keep it simple and I will get there. I will learn as I go along. Xxx

(PSackmann) #26

Here’s a good thread that will help with your beginning: The Entire Ketogenic Diet in One Sentence

As a point of reference, no matter the weight-loss method, 1 1/2 pounds per week is a good long-term goal for losing weight. Don’t beat yourself up if you’re not losing a pound a day consistently. And make sure to enjoy the journey. taking note of all the NSV’s you experience along the way.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #27

Thankyou :heart:. I will go and look now xxx