Weight gain after hysterectomy

(Angie Cheshire) #1

Hi. I am a cervical cancer survivor. I had all of my lady parts removed and had huge weight gain after. I have never been a big eater but gained anyway. I always felt in my gut it was hormonal, but after cancer my doctor nixed HRT. Tried every diet to lose weight and gained! My son told me about keto and I decided to try. Why not? Right? Doing it for 5 months now and have lost 30 pounds. IBS is history. Coming off slow, but I feel like that’s a good sign it might be sustained. People who didn’t know me didn’t believe how I gained so much weight, but the ones who did knew it wasn’t due to overeating. The carbs were definitely the problem. Goal is 100 pounds. Will take awhile, but I wasn’t given a second chance at life to not be patient and not give up. Has anyone else experienced this after hysterectomy due to cancer? Thanks for listening.

(Carl Keller) #2

Congrats Angie. :slight_smile:

I have a family member like this. She’s probably 50 pounds overweight but the portions she eats are tiny. Her main problem is Pepsi and fruit. At all times of her waking day, she won’t go more than an hour without having some grapes or an orange and a Pepsi. I keep hoping she will some day ask me why she keeps gaining when she eats very little food.

I’m pretty sure you already know the answer: how much we eat is far less important than what we eat (and how often).