Website that tries to Explain the Causes of Insulin Resistance, Love It!

This website is the most interesting that I have come across in a while

It seems to be owned by a layperson with diabetes, Ken Stephens. It has an amazing number of articles
that talk about supplements I had never heard of, and why Berberine is so important but also the root causes of diabetes, something to do with AMPK malfunction in the mitochondria. I am a lay person as well so not in a position to evaluate his theories but each time I did a google search related to something he proposed (still working my way through the articles, read about half), I did find a scientific basis.
http://understandingtype2diabetes.com/berberine-type-2-diabetes/
It seems not to have been updated a few years, last comments left in 2018. I wonder what happened to him, if anyone has any information please let me know. Reminds me of Fung’s early work even though the owner here is not a doctor as far as I see

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Caused by mitochondrial damage from oxidation resulting from excessive glucose consumption. Glucose can be metabolised anywhere in a cell, but fatty acids can only be metabolised by a mitochondrion.

The remedy is to avoid eating glucose (also known as carbohydrate), so that serum glucose and insulin can drop to levels that do not cause systemic damage. This will allow the mitochondria to heal and make new mitochondria. Many diabetics have reversed their metabolic dysfunction by eating this way.