We are Exposed! JK

(Richard M) #1

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

As mentioned in the other thread, the Physicians’ Committee for Responsible Medicine is run by Dr. Neal Barnard, a noted opponent of the ketogenic diet. He promotes a low-fat vegan diet.

(Joey) #3

From the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine’s IRS Form 990 filing:

"THE PHYSICIANS COMMITTEE NUTRITION DEPARTMENT, MADE UP OF NUTRITION EXPERTS AND PROJECT MANAGERS, GREW A VARIETY OF EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMMING AND OUTREACH CENTERED ON PROMOTING A PLANT-BASED DIET FOR HEALTH. OUR FIRST OBJECTIVE WAS TO MAKE VEGAN DIETS AN INTEGRAL PART OF MEDICAL CARE, STARTING BY INVOLVING 50,000 CLINICIANS AND MEDICAL STUDENTS IN OUR EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS BY 2020 AND BY PROMOTING VEGAN MEALS AND THE ELIMINATION OF PROCESSED MEAT IN HOSPITALS.

"TO ACHIEVE THIS OBJECTIVE, WE MAINTAINED KEY EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES FOR CLINICIANS TO SUPPORT THEIR UNDERSTANDING AND PROMOTION OF PLANT-BASED DIETS.

"…WE ALSO SUPPORT AN ACTIVE DIABETES EDUCATOR COMMUNITY OF INTEREST IN COORDINATION WITH AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF DIABETES EDUCATORS, INCREASING MEMBERSHIP THIS YEAR TO MORE THAN 450 DIABETES EDUCATORS COMMITTED TO USING PLANT-BASED NUTRITION IN THEIR PRACTICE.

"…THE PHYSICIANS COMMITTEE FACILITATED EDUCATIONAL LECTURES AT 20 MEDICAL SCHOOLS, REACHING 945 STUDENTS, AND CONDUCTED TWO 21-DAY KICKSTART PROGRAMS AT MEDICAL SCHOOLS WHICH ENCOURAGED STUDENTS TO ADOPT A PLANT-BASED DIET. THROUGH STRATEGIC OUTREACH AT MEDICAL STUDENT CONFERENCES, WE REACHED 50 MEDICAL STUDENTS WITH INFORMATION ABOUT HOW TO USE PLANT-BASED NUTRITION IN PATIENT CARE.

“…THE SECOND OBJECTIVE OF THE NUTRITION DEPARTMENT WAS TO PROMOTE AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE RISKS OF MEAT AND DAIRY PRODUCTS THROUGH INTENSIVE MEDIA PROMOTION AND EDUCATION PROGRAMS BY EDUCATING 100,000 PEOPLE. THE PHYSICIANS COMMITTEE LAUNCHED A HEALTH CARE PROVIDER REFERRAL NETWORK TO CONNECT THE BROADER COMMUNITY WITH CLINICIANS WHO HAVE AN INTEREST AND EXPERIENCE IN PLANT-BASED NUTRITION.”

You get the idea. :roll_eyes:

It’s all a cover up.

I feel threatened, and very worried about this movement. And also how their message gets tangled into plant-based being the right things to counter the environment changes.
This gospel spreads, and are taken as truth.
I am scared.

(Joey) #6

Yeah, I’ve had similar initial reactions, i.e., fear of some mass movement to take away our bacon.

Then I take comfort in the idea that trying to meet the world’s nutrition needs without our eating animals would wreak such environmental havoc, not to mention political upheaval, that it’s not a realistic threat.

Moreover, even the higher mortality that would result wouldn’t be enough to fill graveyards with sufficient fertilizer to grow the additional crops.

I think we’re safe for the time being.

The people pushing climate catastrophe don’t care about the earth or us or anyone but themselves, and don’t even believe what they’re pushing. They don’t really care if people eat meat or not — they just want power to enrich themselves and their cronies. So with even a little push-back from meat-eaters, they’ll forget about the cows and come up with something else to advance their agenda.

(Joey) #8

Thanks to @marklifestyle’s link in another recent post, I came across this description of “plant-based diet” by a cardiologist which I found to be of some interest…

Nice article @SomeGuy
And thanks @SteveTheShark for giving me some hope.

(Bob M) #10

Though he hands out nuts to his clients…not sure about that. Not only are they (almost all) high PUFA, but I find them impossible to resist. We had about half a jar of macadamia nuts (lower in PUFAs). I haven’t eaten nuts in…well years. I decided I’d have some. Only to realize I ate all of them.

(Joey) #11

Agreed. It’s crazy hard to “portion control” when a jar of nuts is nearby. That’s why them call them nuts. :roll_eyes:

(Jane) #12

Unreferenced studies. That what I call making s h i t up.

Keto diets CAUSE diabetes??? :rofl:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #13

The logic is crazy. But remember that these are the same people who say that keto is unsustainable and will kill us. After all, no matter what diet we are on, we have to stop eating when we’re dead. :grin:

Personally, I plan for keto to kill me when I’m 106, and my parachute fails to open . . . .

#NOTDEADYET

(Todd) #15

I just finished yearly state of NC training for law enforcement. One module was health and wellness. They had a section where a plant based diet improved performance and sleep. It may have been 10 minutes long out of 2 hours. Plant based religion is everywhere.

(Joey) #16

I’m growing concerned that I may be developing a GMO deficiency. :roll_eyes:

(David Spector) #17

There is a research study being conducted on plant-based food as a treatment for cancer. It will use the Plantable company’s delivered food, which makes no distinction as to the amounts of carbohydrates in their foods.

In my opinion, the idea that plant foods are better than animal foods for health is probably based on the mistaken religious idea that animals suffer when killed for food, as compared to plants, not on any nutrition science.

Do a web search: there are lots of research studies advocating diets restricted to plant foods, ignoring carb content!

(Reference: https://www.newsfilecorp.com/release/115934/Plantable-Healths-Trial-at-Memorial-Sloan-Kettering-Aims-to-Reduce-Risk-Factors-Associated-With-Breast-Cancer)

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #18

It’s also based on the idea that eating meat excites sexual passion and leads to masturbation. At least, this was the view of Ellen G. White, Prophetess of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church, and founder of the modern-day vegetarian and vegan movement. One of her pupils was John Harvey Kellogg, who invented the breakfast-cereal industry to give people an alternative to meat, bacon, and eggs for breakfast.

(David Spector) #19

Yes, this is strange but true! There is so much nonsense around, presented as fact.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #20

Graham crackers have a sordid origin story. I’ve never been able to look at S’mores in the same way since.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #21

Graham and Kellogg were some kinky-assed dudes, man!