Visiting GP friend and need some ammo

Hi,

I’m at a friends gathering today and one of them is a General Practitioner. I know he’s going to have an opinion about ketogenic eating and I could do with some studies and stats to refer to as back up. This will be the first time I know I’ll be challenged on the ‘science’ and could do with some ammo!

Thanks for having me here. Week 4 of the keto lifestyle and feel so good!

(Rob) #2

(Kevin) #3

Oh, how well did the visit go? What have you discussed?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

Welcome to the forums!

Be aware that this is quite an old thread, and we haven’t seen the original poster in some time. If you don’t get a reply, that’s why.

(antoniod) #5

It’s an old thread but I just wanted to add that you could mention the recent systematic review and meta-analysis published in the British Journal of Nutrition, which found that low-carbohydrate diets like keto were more effective for weight loss and improving blood sugar control than low-fat diets. You could also point out the numerous success stories of individuals who have found relief from chronic conditions like type 2 diabetes and epilepsy through a ketogenic diet. Of course, it’s important to keep in mind that everyone’s body is different and what works for one person may not work for another. Ultimately, it’s up to each individual to find the best general practitioner who can provide personalized guidance and support.

(Joey) #6

The GP practicing traditional SAD-guided medicine from the original post may have passed on by now. :roll_eyes:

(Robin) #7

I never use the word KETO. If you simply say you have given up sugar and processed foods, they will pat you on the back and say good job.
No reason to try to convince someone unless they are curious and truly interested. IMO