VEG Question

(Rob) #21

As discussed in a different thread, the calories/$ in carbs/carb-fat combos is vastly superior to meats, veggies, etc. so it is predictable that value-concious people will tend towards these foods, especially when they are told it is safe. :frowning_face:

(Trish) #22

I grew up eating liverwurst…well…and Nutella. Haven’t had liverwurst in decades. I think I will buy some and try. See if I like it now.

(KCKO, KCFO) #23

This is why I use gram weights for veggies. Way too many differences. Do you stuff them into a cup lightly packed or stuff in there? Cube them,? Thinly sliced? Chiffonade them if leafy greens?

The weights will be different for all of those methods. Best to cut the way you like them then weigh them on a scale that has grams.

(Trish) #24

I like to cut them into long strings and then fold them together accordion style. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: sorry. I just couldn’t resist. I’ll go sit quietly in the corner now. :slight_smile:

(KCKO, KCFO) #25

:rofl::rofl:

(Todd Allen) #26

I’ve been using 1 ounce of raw spinach as an equivalent for 1 cup raw. I think I got this from Dr. Terry Wahls’s book where she suggests a high veggie paleo flavored keto diet for treating MS. I’ve mostly stopped tracking food intake, but when I did I measured things by weight and entered it into programs such as cronometer to get the breakdowns of macros and micros.

(Dan Dan) #27

LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Its not as bad as it sounds :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A 1lb bag of low carb frozen mixed veggies is about 6 cups and surprisingly not as much as you would think :thinking:

A side salad is about 2 cups and a regular salad is about 4 cups and for the finale a large salad is easily 6 - 7 cups :open_mouth:

Veggies and Greens are loosely measured not packed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Daniel the maniel) #28

Thank you all for the help.

I’ve been taking that “green super food” power stuff from wholefoods and a bullet proof coffee in the morning, so i have a cup or so of veg with my breakfast and a big bowl of salad at night. Tons of fat with each meal. My key tone levels have been around 2.0 steadily

(Brian) #29

I like my veggies pretty well but I rarely eat salad.

While I appreciate some of what Dr. Berg says, the 7 - 10 cups (or whatever the number is) of raw salad every day is just not a pleasant thing to me. Maybe he can do it and enjoy it. I can’t. His salad is raw, though, so that’s not as much actual food as it sounds like.

I also agree that eating just spinach as your veggie isn’t the best. Mix it up. There are lots of veggies out there. Most of the time, I have at least two different veggies with an evening meal, often three. Broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, spinach, mushrooms, Brussels sprouts, peppers, okra, turnip/mustard/collard greens,… there are enough keto friendly veggies to have options!

Variety is a good thing, at least in my opinion. Dr. Berg often speaks as though he has 4 eggs for breakfast EVERY morning and his Jethro Clampet bowl of salad for supper EVERY night. If a person wants to be bored with eating and do some fasting, that might be an easy way to get there, I dunno. It’s definitely not appealing to me.

Good luck!