US to export its s**t to my country

(Nasir) #1

Nooooooooooo :rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
There is plenty of diseases and poor diet already

(Carl Keller) #2

Warn your family and friends. If you wish to follow a western style of eating, you will have to put up with western diseases. Just ask indigenous people across the planet who shifted from traditional ways of eating to one of convenience.

(Ethan) #3

Maybe we can import the ability to know not to hyphenate an adverb with an adjective.

(Bunny) #4

Things are already bad enough in other countries just add more bad health to injury?

Another indigenous diet destroyed by SAD diet technology, we are already killing ourselves with our own processing, GMO and agricultural bio-chemical technologies, sharing is not caring?

(Nasir) #5

On the subject of hyphens

There’s a point-missed.

Soy bean based animal feeds. Ugh. :weary:

(Ethan) #8

I disagree. I use, “nonhyphenated.”

(Full Metal KETO AF) #9

Funny that the article is about corn but they show a guy with hands full of soybeans. I guess they’re both foreign foods in Pakistan. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Doug) #10

“Genetically engineered” - humans have been selectively breeding plants (and animals) for many thousands of years.

(Jane- Old Inky Crone) #11

Not the same as splicing fish or insect genes into grain so they can soak it in roundup.

(Doug) #12

Somewhat true - I’d say that the possible unintended consequences of more ‘active’ engineering are greater.

(Nasir) #13

Actually corn is not foreign food, GM corn would be.

Corn bread with curried mustard greens is a village staple food (though with wheat bread mostly these days).