Tried everything to bring my insulin low enough. Help?

insulinresistance
keto
fasting
pcos

(Eleanor Lodge) #21

I do need to be worried about my insulin, as my PCOS makes me very insulin resistant :slight_smile: That’s why I need to bring it down, so I can put my illness into remission, which weight loss also helps

(Eleanor Lodge) #22

I don’t really calorie count, I focus more on my macros :slight_smile: I do eat high fat, but not enough that it would stop my body from using my own, as I have a lot of extra fuel on my body and I only eat 110g fat per eating day.

You may want to rethink not counting the calories! Don’t do what I did and throw 1+ years of fat loss in the toilet because you think they don’t matter! The 110g is definately not too much, and you’re not realistically going to over eat protein but you can absolutely over do your total consumption. Why would your body burn it’s reserves if you’re giving it more than enough fuel via diet?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #24

Something else to ponder: Dr. Phinney reports that his and Prof. Volek’s research indicates that the metabolic advantage from eating a low-carb, high-fat diet to satiety actually causes the body to burn more fat. In other words, the body burns both more dietary fat and more excess stored fat, because the metabolic rate rises to compensate for the increased energy intake. In contrast, eating too little food can cause the metabolic rate to drop to compensate for the reduced energy intake.

(Eleanor Lodge) #25

Thanks Paul, I think I am going to shake up my macros, up the protein a lot and fat a little and see if that helps :slight_smile: Thanks so much for your advice

(Bob M) #26

And I don’t think without home insulin tests, we have any idea what any product or food does to insulin. Does a product like cinnamon actually reduce (fasting or daily?) insulin? Without a home insulin test, it’s a guess.

(Bob M) #27

Why would you give the body more fuel than it needs? Why would your body not reduce its calorie output in response to giving your body less than it needs?

Ore better yet:

You shouldn’t. That’s my point of tracking

That’s why deficits need to be no more than it takes to loose and not drastic and not long term. Ideally working on getting metabolic rate up while you’re in the process.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #29

And, why would your body fail to increase its calorie output in response to giving your body more than it needs?

Granted, there are limits in all things, the lower limit being death from starvation and the upper limit some kind of toxic overload, depending on the circumstances.

(Anna) #30

Doesn’t make you “feel” full. Do you mean you still feel hungry? Perhaps you need more protein with some olive oil on top. I do find my body needs more protein. Increase your protein. I am 67 years old. My hormones were all messed up. My doctor began treatment with NP thyroid, progesterone, estrogen patches and testosterone. Finally I began to loose weight. (I have an Integrative doctor. )
I try to take a walk after my dinner meal. I don’t walk fast. Just walk my dog. Don’t loose heart.

(Ian) #31

Hi, have you considered HIT to build lean muscle mass? Increased muscle mass places a higher demand on glucose and glycogen and helps to increase insulin sensitivity, i.e. reduce insulin resistance.