770 +

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

(Jim Russell) #2

Wow. That is bunch of weight! I need to get back into the gym on a regular basis again. You’re catching up to me.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #3

Pffffft

Holy shit, you are super human BZ!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #5

Keto does dis

Lol.

I’ll be 54 next Friday too.
/strut.
P.S. Did you hear about my 1300 mile bike ride from Minnesota to KetoFest in Connecticut this last July?

Fasted? :zornface:

(Jeremy Storie) #6

Beast mode :flushed:

(Linda Culbreth) #7

I know over the years before keto I have lost and gained that 770+ much weight.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #8

Unreal!

I don’t think my car weighs that much…

(Empress of the Unexpected) #10

Again… Holy Cow!!!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #11

770 freaks you out that much huh? This post was made 9 months ago. I’m up to 810 now. /strut

(What The Fast?!) #12

Hey @Brenda! Long time. I’ve been trying lots and lot a of things but still stuck at same starting weight and basically same LBM (little less, per DEXA) as when I started Keto in March of 2017.
Out of curiosity, what protein formula do you use? I know there are a couple different ones out there.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #13

I am envious.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #14

.6 grams per pound LBM

(What The Fast?!) #15

Thanks! That’s helpful. I’ve been around that number, but am barely maintaining (and/or losing) lean mass. I’m doing a ton of exercise - cycling 100 miles a week, plus 3 days of strength (reformer pilates) but my DEXA’s keep showing me slowly losing LBM. I’m upping my protein to 0.8-0.85 per pound LBM to see if it helps, I just started adding in the Strong Lifts 5x5 weight training program this week as well.

I put a pause on fasting for now, as it was causing some disordered eating patterns for me, I felt extremely low energy, and I was having trouble performing athletically. I think increasing my calories overall and THEN integrating fasting is a better plan. Still stuck at 32% body fat and the same weight as when I started 15 months ago. (WOMP WOMP.)

Would love any insight or ideas you have!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #16

LOSING LBM? How is your fat intake?

(What The Fast?!) #17

I eat 80% fat most days now. It used to be lower but I started a super high fat percentage about 10 weeks ago.
I did a Keto cut where I slowly decreased macros weekly and got down to around 50g protein and 135g fat, but I found it was too little food for my activity level and have increased it. I’m now doing higher protein - 85-90g of protein and 170-180g of fat. I’m trying to build up my caloric intake to match my activity level. I’m thinking that the reason my body is hanging on to body fat is because I’m not getting enough cals and my body is stressed out. I know CICO is inaccurate but that’s the only thing I can think that might make sense. I’m at my wit’s end.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #18

Remind me of your stats. Height, weight, bodyfat %, IR etc. How much do you exercise ( exercise isn’t necessary to lose weight, but it is important to factor in your energy expenditure, TDEE).
How much weight (or bodyfat) do you want to lose? Have you had a DEXA? Are you following the BMI chart? Trying to get back to high school weight? Hard to know what to say unless I know you.

(What The Fast?!) #19

32% body fat, have had several DEXA’s in the last 16 months of Keto. 150lbs, I’m 5’ 2.5”. I’m a cyclist and currently riding around 100 miles a week plus 3 days of reformer Pilates (strength training) and just recently added weight training 3 days a week. In total, 11 or so hours a week.

I am looking to lose 10-15lbs of body fat, ideally land somewhere in the mid 20’s for body fat percentage. My main goals are:

1. lose weight so I can have a better power to weight ratio on the bike. 10 pounds on a bike is massive, and my performance will be much better if I can lose body fat and maintain muscle.
  2. look as healthy on the outside as I feel on the inside (aka look like the athlete that I am, lose the excess fat)
  3. I want to have the external/aesthetic results that everyone yours on keto because I preach Keto to everyone but don’t have “anything to show for it.” It’s really hard for me to tell people how great it is when you can’t see any difference in my body in the last 16 months.

I have tried extended fasting (fast/feast schedule) and had very poor results. I didn’t feel good fasting (even though I was sufficiently supplementing with electrolytes) and I always gained the weight right back after a fast. My DEXA also showed a loss in lean body mass when I did a lot of fasting. I have had lots of things tested, all my numbers look good (fasting insulin is less than 2) and Dave Feldman said that I seem exactly like a LMHR, except I’m not lean. It’s all very odd.

My energy and sleep are totally fine (they always have been, even before Keto, people have always called me the energizer bunny). It just feels like my body is refusing to access my stored fat. I’m currently trying to increase my calories slowly on a weekly basis, in case it’s an issue of under-eating.

I just ordered a full thyroid workup and have an appt set up with Ken Berry next week.