Toothpaste?

I feel hungry after brushing my teeth. I switched toothpastes and it helped for a few weeks. Now, I feel hungry again. The feeling usually goes away after the sweet taste in my mouth dissipates.

Anybody else experience this? If so, any toothpaste recommendations?

Thanks!

I’ve not done this, but I have seen the recommendation to just use baking soda as toothpaste.

(Stephanie ) #4

I use baking soda flavored with peppermint or spearmint or clove essential oils.

(James storie) #5

I’ve done this, but for quite a while now, I don’t use anything at all. With the absence of sugar in my diet, all I need is the brushing action. I’ve done this sine I realized toothpaste is loaded with artificial sweeteners.

(Siobhan) #6

I use Hello brand (watermelon flavor… lol) which is sweetened with erythritol and stevia. I actually only bought it because I don’t like mint flavored toothpaste, and it was one of the non-mint options (I’m pretty sure it’s intended for children though).
I really don’t know want to know what normal toothpaste has in it. If it has a sweetener that triggers insulin that may be the issue.
You could always go for Hello brand as mentioned, Lush also has toothy tabs which should work, or you can make your own with baking soda and some flavor oil (mint, clove, anything really).

Thanks everyone. I’ll give the baking powder a try. I never considered adding a flavored oil so I’ll check that out, too.

(David Driver) #8

I just don’t understand why they have to sweeten everything.