Took a week off as per Dr

(Eleanor ) #1

3 months ago my Dr told me to get back into ketosis I should pick a week and go off Keto. Of course I picked Thanksgiving. Well I had the pies and chips and dip. Funny thing is I have gone back to eating Keto but I can’t seem to get back into ketosis. Oh also they seem to have found a lg mass on my kidney so I don’t know if I can still do Keto or not.

(Susan) #2

Take care, Eleanor, I hope that you will be okay. I hope that they can resolve your kidney problem.

(Eleanor ) #3

Thank you Susan

(Richard Amaro) #4

Get well soon, you will be fine Eleanor :slight_smile:

(Eleanor ) #5

I appreciate that Richard Amaro

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6

I’m afraid your doctor gave you bad advice about the carb up week. I don’t know where people get the idea that carbing up stimulates ketosis when you go back.

I have been a renal patient for 12 years, 10 on dialysis and two with a transplant. My nephrologist supports my KETO and told me he wished many of his other patients would follow my example. Same with my transplant doctors. I had a kidney mass the size of a lime, a renal carcinoma. A non aggressive cancer. Mine was 13 years old. I hope it turns out well for you. No reason to stop KETO. :cowboy_hat_face:

Hi Eleanor get that mass diagnosed and you may find it is beneficial to be in nutritional ketosis, or maybe therapeutic ketosis. But get your medical team to work out what it is first.

Having metabolic flexibility to move between different foods is a benefit of healing to the metabolism that nutritional ketosis may bring for some practitioners.

The readable ketones will return as your insulin drops. But this lump, if it is causing inflammation etc, may hinder a quick return. But you can still work with low carb higher healthy fats eating until you get all the information.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #8

Also, where is the mass. Are your adrenal glands involved (they produce cortisol). Hormonal changes could happening as well.

(Eleanor ) #9

Thank you David. I have my first appointment with the urologist coming up and I will be sure to discuss everything with him. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: blessings

(Eleanor ) #10

I’m going in for a CT scan on my kidney tomorrow. I will check back with you guys next week when I find out the results. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you guys but the insurance had denied my scan at first. My primary care dr just moved the mountain. :grin:

(Susan) #11

I hope that the scan gets you some results to know what is going on and that they will be able to help you and get it all fixed, and get you back to good health, Eleanor, take care =).

Well done that doc. Mountain moving, like nutrition, is not taught in medical school, so she must have worked on that herself.

Will they take a sample while doing the CT? It’s a really accurate way to do it. And it is the actual test result that gives the most information.

Best wishes.

(Eleanor ) #13

Good news everybody. They said that the masses are benign. NO CANCER. I go back in next month for a follow up with urologist. I am so relieved. Now if they can come up with a cure for fibromyalgia and RA life will be a bowl of cherries :cherries:

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #14

So happy for your good news!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #15

Good news!!! Thanks for letting us know!

(Susan) #16

That is fantastic news, Eleanor, I am so happy for you.

(Edith) #17

I can imagine how relieved you are. Years ago, I had a cyst on my thyroid. The doctor biopsies the cyst. I didn’t realize how worried I was until after I was told it was benign.

Congratulations!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #18

Great news Eleanor, I’m very happy for you. :cowboy_hat_face: