Today is my five-year ketoversary

(Marianne) #22

:hugs::innocent::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This is why I stay! Where else do you find a more supportive group than this?

(E P) #23

Congratulations, @gingersmommy! 5 years is quite an accomplishment. For newcomers to the forum like me, what has your journey been like? What has changed over those 5 years?

(Jimmy Lock) #24

Yeah but after 5 years… how much weight did you lose and did you get to your target weight yet?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #25

While people can and do lose a fair amount of fat on a ketogenic diet, they can also put on muscle. Some people even do both at the same time.

But fat loss is more in the nature of a highly pleasant side-effect. The real benefit of this way of eating is the restoration of metabolic health, which is what makes the fat loss possible in the first place.

(Marianne) #26

Hi E_P, and welcome!

My journey has been relatively easy. I took to keto/lc easily and immediately. I didn’t experience cravings and didn’t deviate from eating lc. I lost approx. 70 lbs., all within the first year and a half, this with no exercise.

Since the beginning, my way of eating has vicillated between periods of low carb keto and carnivore. I did fasting in the beginning but stopped because I didn’t like it. Made me anxious for some reason. I think you will find the longer you are on this, your eating plan may morph and change also.

Good luck to you. Throughout the whole time, this forum was/has been so instrumental in my journey. I come here for information and support, and to connect with people who have opted for various ways of similar eating. Please keep us posted about you!

(Rebecca ) #27

Congratulations! That’s quite a great thing to celebrate! I think my 5 Year is this June!

(Marianne) #28

Awesome!