Thoughts on sauces

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #21

Indeed, ACV is apple cider vinegar. I like ACV flavor more than lemon in baconaise. Many mayo recipes use lemon, it works depending on the flavor you’re seeking.

(thefeatherdustersllc) #22

Thanks!! (:smile:

(thefeatherdustersllc) #23

Thank you!

(Jacquie) #24

Beef tenderloin was on sale today so picked some up and had it for dinner with the Bernaise sauce recipe you posted. It was excellent! Thanks! :slight_smile:

(Larry Lustig) #26

Tonnato sauce does not contain tomato. It’s Italian for “tuna”. Best known version is vitello tonnato, veal in tuna sauce – sounds odd, but is a classic Piedmont dish.

(L. Amber O'Hearn) #27

OMG, I totally misread that! Sincere apologies, @fiorella. I’m a dolt. Tonnato sounds amazing and perfectly appropriate!

Oh how funny haha. Geez no worries. Tonnato and tomato…certainly a tricky optical illusion!

(Meeping up the Science!) #29

We stole it and used it in the southern Italian household of my childhood too, @Fiorella :wink:

We also made bagna cauda often with olive oil, butter, tallow, and anchovy - just blessed it with the garlic and fished it out. Lovely on keto now. I could easily omit the olive oil for ZC, hmm.

(Erika) #30

This is yummy and so quick to make!

Haha …love it! Blessed it with garlic and fished it out! :laughing:

(James storie) #32

How is the texture after it cools? I’m referencing the baconaise. I’ve made it before and the texture after it cooled was a little weird. More solid and less creamy.

(Mike W.) #33

Mayo, horseradish, garlic, s and p, spoon.

Is it really important to make your own mayo and ranch?

(Genevieve Biggs) #35

No. If have the time, do it. But it’s not required. :slight_smile:

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #36

Just saw this, sorry for the late reply. Yes, you describe the texture correct. I am trying Amber O’Hearn’s Pork Fat Hollandaise next, looks like a better texture