Thinking of going on a Keto diet

(Beth Phillips) #1

I have fibromyalgia and suffering the worst I have for lethargy and also can’t seem to shift the weight.
Someone suggested the Keto diet as they know someone who is doing really well on it.
I am quite picky with food, I’ve just downloaded a cookbook and just have a few questions I’m hoping someone may answer if possible from their experience…

• can I use spelt flour instead of soya or coconut? I’ve tried them before when looking for a low gluten flour and they didn’t agree with me yet this cook book mentions using them a lot…
  • is there any sugar alternative that isn’t a sweetener? I generally at the moment use honey in my tea and natural unbleached sugar if needed… I don’t like the idea of using chemical sweeteners due to the link of ill health to them…
  • this may sound silly but if there is a recipie for something that sounds nice but I don’t like the meat can I change the meat and it still be okay?
  • granola is okay isn’t it?
  • any meat is good? Sausages, black pudding, lamb and beef mince?
  • how can you measure your carb intake easily without fading too much? To make sure you are eating enough or not too much when you choose what you are having for food??

Apologies, i just want to make sure I’m gonna do this properly and so not make myself any more ill than I am at the moment… I was quite an active person, swimming a few miles a week whilst walking about 3 miles a day… then I got ran over and I’ve put on more weight but can’t find energy anywhere and so am just walking to work and back which is about 3.5 miles a day…

I’d really like a clear head and some energy to do normal things save keeping the energy just for work.

Thanks for listening and thanks in advance for any pointers, tips or answers to maybe some silly questions.

B

No worries, but this is a duplicate post. Maybe an admin can merge or close one of the threads.

Or you can delete it yourself Beth: