Thinking about carnivore but craving veggies

(Kristen Ann) #21

Stealing some of these bowl mix ideas…!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #22

They’re so good and easy!

(Kristen Ann) #23

I like good and easy!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #24

Let’s not go too bonkers urging people to eat one way or another. Let us most especially avoid criticising others’ food choices.

While a zero-carb/carnivore diet makes a lot of sense in the context of human evolution, many people can remain healthy even while eating a certain amount of plant-based foods. Likewise, despite the obvious benefits of a well-formulated ketogenic diet, there are people who can handle, and even thrive on, a high-carbohydrate diet.

Amber O’Hearn and Dr. Georgia Ede, two well-known carnivores, are both on record as saying that they don’t eat carnivore by preference, or because of some theory about optimal human nutrition, but because eating plant-based foods causes them health problems that they can avoid by staying carnivore. I can say something similar about why I eat keto: It’s not that I don’t like glazed doughnuts—quite the opposite, in fact—it’s that eating glazed doughnuts causes me health problems that I can avoid by sticking to a well-formulated ketogenic diet. If you are experiencing the same health problems I experienced, then you too might benefit from a well-formulated ketogenic diet. But if your glazed-doughnut diet is working for you, then mazel tov!

just do the math. Original poster said this:

Most part they are heading into carnivore. Find the veg makes them bloated and gassy.

Next I said jump into carnivore and try it since you are kinda heading that way. Then I said come join into some of the carnivore threads to get some new info on it for yourself.

Bob chimed in and said yea, come read up on carnivore threads also.

Then the Original Poster said:

ctv, you are so quick to jump and put negative spins on my posts.

It wasn’t belittling in any way. It WAS supportive to this poster.
And I never said that anyone can’t eat how they want. If one is heading toward carnivore then carnivore information is what they get. I don’t fluff around with the carnivore info and its guidelines. It is what it is and will be written that way. Adopt it, research it, play around with it as one will, check out people doing the plan, read up on some thread info and chats and more. Then make a decision on how you want to roll thru life. We all have free will.

THAT IS ALL I SAID but for some reason you put negative spins on everything.

Chill pill time here on this one. ugh. No where did I say anything like this but in your mind I did I guess. I can’t compete with your imaginary thinking on what I truly type vs. what you read and then throw pretend imaginary emotional information into my posts that have no bearing or resemblance at all on the actual info I typed. This isn’t a my problem, this is a you problem definitely.

(charlie3) #27

It could be one, or the other, both, or none of the above. Research shows me plenty of good reasons too minimize carbs but no health reason (for me) to take that to zero. My blood sugar is normalized with diet and exercise, the original goal for going low carb.