Things that keto doesn't improve

(Cathy) #1

It will be a short list…

1. cold sores

Help me! I have the worst one ever.

(Karen Parrott) #2

I use the expensive but pain reducing over The counter antiviral. I find I get them less often, but the medication works great for me.

(Cathy) #3

I am on day 8 and it feels as if it is taking over my face. I have never had such a bad one. Thanks for the tip. I did have a tube of Abreva but of course, can’t find it. Always the way for me. :cry:

(Karen Parrott) #4

Those little containers are slippery items. Lol. I took an antivirus med when they had shingles and I responded very well. Good resolutions with both meds.

Take care.

(Liz ) #5

We have had great success with L-Lysine

Also you can’t go wrong with Vitamin C. I think it can be very helpful against viruses and would probably be a nice supplement to L-Lysine (and whatever topical antiviral you can find).
When you’re fighting something you need to re-dose often with vitamin C (I do 500-1000 mg every half hour). Not harmful if you get more than your body can use, but you’ll get intenstinal rumblings.

(Todd Allen) #7
  1. breath

(Allie) #8

Cold sores - I smother them in Vaseline at night time and suffocate them to death. They’re viral so need to breathe.

(Cathy) #9

Actually, I have found in the long run that keto actually improves breath because there is very little plaque and cavities and that sort of thing going on in my mouth. I would caveat that with the need to floss daily.

(Cathy) #10

I just bought that product and it is at very least, soothing.

(Liz ) #11

We take it in capsule form and the sores go away within a day or two. I hope it helps!

L-lysine worked for me as well. During a cold sore, L-lysine kept the size of the sore down and made it go away quicker. After about six months of consistent dosage, I found I wasn’t getting them anymore. That was 20 years ago. If I get a cold sore once a year now, I’m “lucky”. When that happens, I dab on a teensy bit of peppermint essential oil as soon as I feel the tingle and it prevents the cold sore from ever popping up.

(Carol Orrell) #13

Read The End of Alzheimer’s which discuses cold sore viruses and the brain in one of the chapters

(Cathy) #14

I am afraid to ask but… did they draw a correlation ~ cold sores = A.D.?