The World Can Be So Unkind

(Rebecca ) #21

I think I had to do that once!!!

Lol. It did bring back memories of my younger days and maneuvering around in vehicles. Made me wonder how in the world that I could do that back then. Luckily I had started Keto shortly before that and the water weight and fullness wasn’t as bad as just weeks prior or I may still be there. I will admit that I did cramp up in a few spots, but did end up making it.

Even a skinny person had no shot of getting in the car, so that did make me feel better. The guy parked that close.

(Susan) #23

Awww, I am so sorry that that happened to you today, Rebecca. I love Dena’s comment though, that guy is a total assholeand I am mad at him for making you cry, grrr him!!

I have noticed some (not all) people have become more rude nowadays or just so obsessed with their phones, etc that they barely say hello, etc to strangers anymore. I do, and my kids are like “mom, you are so embarrassing, talking to everyone…” oh well, that is just me!! When I go places with them they always tell me not to talk to everyone first… but if I am in a shop with them, and they are trying on clothes, and I am waiting, well … I do. The world has changed so much over the years for communication in my opinion.

This is just another reason to appreciate and love this forum though, we are all super cheerleaders for each other and this is the place to come and get lots of virtual hugs and encouragement. A big hug to you!!

Crikey Rebecca. Where’s the thorn?

This is an interesting opportunity. I love all the kind responses. It clearly demonstrates a kind world.

I used to wonder about the bird flipping honksters and wonder where the thorn was in them? The thorn being the key cause of the aggresive seeming action. Possibly they, yon honkster, has Tourette’s syndrome, and a bump in the car park slipped a hand to the horn which set off a tic in their hand? But then I realised that, though that was a curious path to which to direct my thinking, the more interesting path was to investigate my own thorn. It is closer and more pull outable.

If my emotional response was to feel upset, I’d investigate my own response. If I was just irritated by a surprising honk, fair enough. It disappears. If I laugh at the surprise and the unexpected hand gesture, it means I am fundamentally happy, but curious about the antagonist. If I were to cry, I’d allow the crying, but it would send me on a thorn quest to find out what was really bothering me and then work to fix that.

Being Keto, I can rule out hangry straight away. But I realise it is the norm out in the mainstream.

Hope you’re feeling better. :earth_asia:

(Marianne) #25

God bless you. That is very sad. Many people today are so stressed, aggressive and violent towards others, whether it’s in words or deeds. I think a lot of them are just trying to make it by. For whatever reason, they are miserable and feel hopeless.

There are a lot of good people out there, too. This experience has nothing to do with you and everything to do with the person you had the misfortune of encountering.

Consider yourself hugged.

:cry: :innocent: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Keto Koala 🐨) #26

I’m so sorry that happened to you.:pensive:. I get it, once I was walking down the street and a guy going past in his car rolled down his window and did a gun shooting gesture with his hand. Some people are jerks. Just gravitate towards the good ones.:heart::heart::heart:

(Randy) #27

I work at Wegman’s where I see man’s inhumanity to man play out on a daily basis. But I also see lots of people being nice to each other. I just try to focus on that, and not worry about the jerks.

(Rebecca ) #28

Thanks to all of you for the uplifting reaponses!! I agree completely that there are many KIND people that make up this world!! An interesting thing happened this past week after that incident…I found myself being EXTRA kind and courteous to people I encountered!!:hugs:

(Elian) #29

I have no idea what this has to do with keto, but as I value mental health the most I will tell you one thing. People like him deserve your pity, not than your tears. Imagine what miserable life he must have going out lashing at innocent people like that. I wouldn’t wish a life like his on my worst enemy.

Also, karma’s a b-i-t-c-h and b-i-t-c-h-e-s always come back to collect. :heart_decoration: