The "show more" dots don't show anything--they add likes!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #1

When you click on the “show more” dots, they add a Like. Then, the dots turn into a “bookmark this thread” button. What the–?

Who was drunk when they updated this site?

(Janelle) #2

I just hit the the three dots on my iPhone and they didn’t add a like. They showed me more options. Maybe it’s on a certain device? You can unlike by hitting the heart again.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

Two things to try that sometimes cure these problems: log out of the forums and log back in; and power down your device and start it back up again; or both.

On a Windows computer, the power-down-power-back-up trick fixes so many problems that it became a running gag on The IT Crowd.

(Running from stupidity) #4

How droll of them, such sophisticated wit.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #5

It shows more options for me.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #6

Well, it’s working now but it was NOT working when I posted originally two days ago. I don’t use “devices” nor Wi-Fi, just a stand alone computer that I power down daily. Just sayin’.

(Running from stupidity) #7

Yeah, I doubt it was either WIFI or “devices,” just somehow.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

I’m sure it was an after-effect of the server move. There have been a lot of those.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #9

That was my thought. Please extend my thanks to whoever fixed it.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #10

PS: In posting the above reply, a purple status bar appeared at the bottom of my screen for several minutes that said “saving,” then it abruptly discarded the message and declared a “504 error.” I reposted and the purple bar returned, but the reply finally posted.

None of which has ever happened before.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #11

More of the same. The new server seems to be a tad slower, or perhaps it has more traffic, or . . . (fill in the blank). All I know is that the Dudes are working on it all.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #12

Most appreciated. Just noting for reference.