The Magic Pill

(Vladaar Malane) #62

I really liked it as well, watched on netflix today.

It’s a powerful story and maybe a good thing to try to show others who might be interested in learning about Keto.

(Diane) #63

Quoted from reddit, not sure if this is correct: “It’s just 4 eggs 1/2 cup of your choice of nut butter and 1 cup of squash (either Acorn or Butternut)”

(Kevin Hopkins) #64

C’mon, it’s the Daily Mail! nobody takes anything that rag says seriously

Thank you Diane!

(Cywgdave) #66

Does anyone know if this is available on DVD? I’d love for my parents to see it but they do not have an internet connected TV and the computer monitor they do have isn’t really big enough to do the job. Not to mention the chairs in their computer room are not set up for comfortable watching.
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Never mind, found it on amazon, stream, Blue Ray and DVD options.

https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Pill-Pete-Evans/dp/B07BQCMMKD/ref=tmm_dvd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Wonderful documentary! Does anyone have the recipe for the chocolate macadamia bites that are featured?

Kind of needing some :slight_smile:

Perhaps the The Magic Pill’s Director/Editor @Robert_Tate knows about plans for recipe website or cookbook - requests for the film recipes for food-as-medicine have happened in many posts around here!

:chocolate_bar: :bread: :pancakes: :heart_eyes:

Finally finished watching this last night.
Outstanding. I hope there is a follow-up coming to catch up with these folks after a period of time. I would love to see how those autistic kids are doing.

(Bunny) #70

Watched it last night, really in-depth (loved it) and it could even get even more in-depth especially in the agricultural points made and was sad to see no marine salts being mentioned as an additive to agricultural soil (most likely difficult and not practical) in conjunction with decomposition fertilization! And the use of plasma activated water to protect the produce rather than GMO’ing everything do death to use chemicals!

I can easily see a MAGIC PILL 2 & 3 being produced just wondering where the funding is resourced from?

(Vanessa ) #71

Must try this!

(Ornah) #72

I watched it a few weeks ago and had intended to get my husband to watch it when he came home from his business trip. Hadn’t talked about it with him yet. He called me Saturday around 11 pm and told me he just watched it. Was amazed at the science and the results and was a little fearful about his diet. He discussed things that I’ve been mentioning for a long time! He’s going to join me on the keto journey… something I’ve been trying to get him to do with me for ages ! I’m so excited!

Woo hooooo! How wonderful :fire:

(Candace) #74

I watched it on Netflix - it is an great documentary

(Keith) #75

Essential viewing. One of the best documentaries on food and health I’ve ever seen.
Show it to your carbo addicted/Weight-Watchers friends.

(Candace) #77

That’s what I’ve been doing - love it.

(Zach) #78

Just watched it and loved it. I knew most of the nutritional science but loved how the former vegan really connected the dots on the sustainability and ecological and ethical aspects of this way of eating. We really do seem to be made for eating grazing animals that roam freely I want to go out and buy a whole cow.
I was also touched by the aboriginal
woman. And it’s always great to see Prof. Noakes, Dr. Fung and Nina Teicholtz.