The Magic of Meat and Potatoes and Fat

great post Paul! just had to say it :slight_smile:

I have spent a ridiculous portion of this day reading up about glycoalkaloids in potatoes, and their accumulative impact, even at low levels, I must confess I just had no idea about these toxins, and what they can potentially do, I thought the potato was given a bad rap because it’s a carbohydrate-rich starchy food, and carbohydrates don’t scare me, and I don’t see them as not essential. But plant toxins is another matter, the more I read about them it makes me question the reccommendations for a plant based diet, not that I was ever headed in that way, and after spending a good deal of the day reading up on glycoalkaloids, especially in potatoes, I have decided to drop the potato experiment. I only wanted to include it because it’s considered an alkaline food that would balance out the supposedly too acidic WOE that consists mostly of meat, though I feel good on that WOE. At least my body seems to be thriving on the raw milk which I have replaced with all conventional dairy, so I’ll keep that addition to my WOE, for now, until my body proves me otherwise.