The Ketogenic Bible

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1628601043/ref=as_li_ss_sm_fb_us_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=213733&creative=399837&creativeASIN=1628601043&linkCode=shr&tag=fretheani0c-20&linkId=FEONMFGVD6CCXFRD&qid=1502317258&sr=1-1

I pre-ordered this (Kindle: $9.99). Releases August 15. I’ll be curious to see/read if any others get it and report their thoughts.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #2

First thought: How big is the bibliography?

Sounds interesting, let us know.

(Mark Rhodes) #3

I too have pre-ordered. I will be leaving for vacation the 17th so I don’t know if I will read during our trip or not. I too, will post a review.

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

This is my keto bible:

(Mark Rhodes) #5

I agree wholeheartedly. My wife and I both are keto. I make a basic meal that towards the end needs individual tweaks to be useful to the both of us. We just added fasting with the same starts but with time frames based on when we need to eat not pre thought windows. Over the last eight months I have had many changes to my “plan” that included- “oh, that worked, now it doesn’t” and we are on the road and cannot 100% control our food at a restaurant: so let’s do our best and KCKO:smile:

(Jason Fletcher) #6

Book is out today! I started reading about 5 chapters in. I found the info on brown fat to be the most interesting topic in the book so far. Plus info on energy usage and storage. Exogenous ketones were explained well and not over hyped as some thought they would be.

Agreed. The exogenous ketone section was only mildly glowing (not gushing as I expected) and very underdone (a couple of pages perhaps). Very balanced approach and they candidly acknowledge we are on the precipice of an interesting possibility as it relates to them. It’s a quick read so far. Well worth the purchase.

Also, for those who are curious, its very well sourced and footnoted. Lots of potential research rabbit holes at the ends of each chapter for those interested.

Finally, their analogy to explain insulin resistance is fantastic. I don’t have time to relay it here, but it’s the best one I’ve ever read. I’ll try to summarize/reference it when I have more time.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #8

Thanks, Brian, I’m hoping to get my library to buy it.

(3351e4c40bcf149b233c) #9

I thought this was the unofficial title of The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living?

(momzbusy2012) #10

I was actually impressed by the exogenous ketone chapters. Dare I say it was non-biased? I think it’s very hard to weed through information posted over the internet due to those who have the potential to gain financially from the discussion. We need more research but research costs money and unless someone has some sort of vested interest, why would they invest in the research?

I am currently taking a product I’ve purchased on amazon.com to help me get back into nutritional ketosis (no need to mention the brand as I’m not promoting anything). I went on the low carb cruise to Alaska and enjoyed more carbs than I should have. I’ve been struggling since May and haven’t been able to do strict keto for more than two days. I had been unbelievably strict for 14 months so I know I’m capable. Needless to say, sometimes people need the extra ketones to get them over the “keto flu.” I also work nights and I’ve heard that if you take it before your shift it helps with to increase energy. I can attest to this as being true in my own n=1 experiment! I worked an 11 hour shift from 10:30pm to 9:30am. At the end of the shift I had to sit attentively during an hour long meeting. It was a piece of cake (no pun intended).