The horror

(Doug) #1

I heard an advertisement on the radio for ‘Red Robin’ - a chain of hamburger, etc. restaurants in the U.S. “Bottomless Fries”… I cringed.

To be fair, they also offer bottomless side salad or steamed broccoli.

(Tim) #2

Call me back when they offer bottomless beef patties.

(What The Fast?!) #3

Ha!!

I worked at RR after colllege for a few months. The bottomless salads or broccoli didn’t exist at that time so at least they’re making improvements…

Oh, this is really good to know. My husband recently suggested Red Robin as a place we should go, and I was hesitant because the substitution for included side carbs is really pathetic in most places (or, at least, was the last time I low-carbed a few years ago). I could really go for a massive load of broccoli, and my husband loves salad. I can’t wait to tell him about this.

(Doug) #5

[quote=“Koda, post:4, topic:16028”]
Oh, this is really good to know. My husband recently suggested Red Robin as a place we should go, and I was hesitant because the substitution for included side carbs is really pathetic in most places (or, at least, was the last time I low-carbed a few years ago). I could really go for a massive load of broccoli, and my husband loves salad. I can’t wait to tell him about this.[/quote]

Koda, indeed - I’ve often gotten coleslaw in place of potato options, but there’s a substantial amount of carbohydrates in the dressing, usually. Have to laugh about the broccoli - yes, indeed: “massive load.” A few of us go in there, they’ll probably quit offering that choice; i.e. they’re losing money. :wink:

(KCKO, KCFO) #6

RR also has no issue with naked burgers. I used to ask for those back in the '90s when I did the Zone diet, 40c/30p/30p and never got a no from them.

(Sheri Knauer) #7

“Can you please bring me butter with each plate of broccoli please?”

“Oh, I’m sorry but we only have margarine…”

(Jennifer) #8

I don’t even think its margarine - the stuff they brought out looked like whirl butter substitute. I will have to take butter with me next time I go.

(Keto in Katy) #9

I go to Red Robin every couple of months to meet a former co-worker, and we always get the Royal burger (bunless) which is meat, cheese, bacon, and a fried egg on top. I get the broccoli side instead of fries. It is really good.

Oh! This EXACT same thing happened to me when we were there a few days ago. The waitress told me they only had margarine. I said you have got to be kidding me that there is no butter in this restaurant. A few minutes later she came back and said they did have some and brought a container of melted butter. Next time I will just bring a tub of Kerrygold and have someone melt a hunk of it for me.

I’m still looking for a place with bottomless ribeyes!

(Amber) #10

I wonder if they have plain mayo for that broccoli as I don’t trust their “butter”

(Jennifer) #11

We have a neighborhood steak place that does a pretty nice bone in ribeye. I can usually only do half or so, but it comes with a salad and side. Notice the veggies have a TON of butter, with more on the side…

Love this place.

OP, sorry for the thread drift!!!

(Tim) #12

That’s like asking to use the restroom, being told you’re more than welcome to use the restroom… as long as you accept that the definition of restroom at this establishment is fending for yourself in the alley out back.

(KCKO, KCFO) #13

The broccoli is so plain, you need to ask for some olive oil or if they have vinaigrette available. Butter is gonna melt in the summer temps around here at least.

(Davi) #14

I eat at RR literally every weekday for lunch. Their menu even suggests “wedgie style” (lettuce wrapped) and “skip the bun”.
They are very accommodating to whatever crazy requests you have.
My side choices are broccoli and Caesar salad. Watch out for the “melted butter” though because it’s margarine.
They do have oil and vinegar even though it’s not listed anywhere

(Doug) #15

“Sugar Rush Night” at a minor league baseball game. Cotton candy hotdogs…

(Randy) #16

That would likely be made with soybean oil. Crap, crap, crap…