The heck with eating KFC, FAST FOOD CHICKEN, ETC?

(Frank) #21

Everything is on a spectrum from worst to best. Not everyone, including myself, are willing or able to have the “best” all or even most of the time. I think these videos are meant to set an example that you don’t have to be perfect when living this lifestyle in order to have success.

(Brian) #22

I don’t eat out much so don’t pay a lot of attention to the blogs or posts that talk about eating keto while eating out.

For the most part, I kinda know what I want when I go out. Generally, I want a meat… usually a burger or a fillet of fish… and probably a decently keto friendly veg. Will it be perfect? Highly doubt it. Will it be fried in something I wouldn’t use at home? Maybe. Might it have non-keto friendly seasonings or even some sugar? Probably. But it’s one meal. It’s not typical daily fare.

I can’t afford to eat out all the time so it’s just not something I lose much sleep over. Even if I had to eat a carby meal out, it would still not likely be a huge deal, it just doesn’t happen that often.

Do the best you can. Cooking is just not that difficult. Sous vide is a wonderful tool for really good steak or chicken and it’s pretty hard to mess it up. Some swear by their crock pot or InstantPot. There are ways. And it doesn’t take a culinary degree to get some really good food.

(Ken) #23

Meh, those things listed won’t really affect lipolysis. As long as you’re adapted and only eat them occasionally. That’s the fact, and there’s no virtue in fanaticism. True, it’s best to be strict in the first few months until your body adapts.

I just ate McDonald’s’s yesterday, but had no fries and ditched most of the buns.

Follow the Science, not the Dogma.

(KCKO, KCFO) #24

There are just as many of these out there that are anti-keto. The vegan stuff is everywhere these days.

It is up to us to research what is healthy for us. In my journey, I have learned I need more balance in the fats I eat, my genes better support me eating a balance of mono/poly/sat. fats. I was eating way too much of the sat. fat for a while. I haven’t eliminated it, but I have cut back on it. And added cold pressed, unrefined poly and mono fats to atleast equal the sat fats. We are all different and we have to decide what works for us.

Some of those things you referred to are for those with a lot of weight to lose or are suffering from T2D For example, Dr.Ken Berry talks about just getting started with hot dogs etc. if you have a lot to lose and are trying to control your T2D. Your goals maybe completely different from someone in that boat.

Relax, don’t over think it, just eat less carbs and more healthy, for you, fats. Enjoy the ride.

(Anne Brodie) #25

My dentist once gave me options and added that I had to take in account all aspects of my life to decide what was best for me. A missing tooth could be left alone, a bridge added, an implant, etc. He said one is free, one maybe $1000, and the best implant could be thousands. If I can’t pay my mortgage because of an implanted tooth, that is NOT a good solution for me.

My point being that I see your choice as very healthy! Yes, the nuggets contain who knows what. But your body wanted something and you tried it, within the parameters you set for yourself (still under carbs for the day). That is the type of “healthy” I am working on. To be able to try things to find out what works for me, while staying on track. Making choices that are practical given the circumstances and something that I can do for the rest of my life.

(Running from stupidity) #26

Dude, the IIFYM crowd would be there cheering you on.

(Sg) #27

I’ll definitely try that out. Thanks!

(Bunny) #28
  • List item

Rancid soybean oil to be exact (yuck!) and supposedly it is not hydrogenated (no trans fats), wish they would use tallow or suet in that pressurized deep fryer?

KFC Will Cut Trans Fat from Its Famous Recipe