The effects of ketogenic diet on social behaviour in the general population

(Jade hillary) #1

I am currently conducting a study on ketogenic diet and social behaviours for my undergraduate dissertation. I would appreciate it if you would spare 10-15 minutes of your time to take part in an online survey about ketogenic diet and social behaviours – please click the link below!

https://run.pavlovia.org/pavlovia/survey-2024.1.0/…

This is not for profit.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

We normally don’t permit surveys, but will allow this one, because it’s academic, not commercial. However, we do have a condition, and that is that you please post (a link to) your results, once they are compiled. It will be fascinating to see what you come up with.

(Geoffrey) #3

Done.
Look forward to the results.

(icky) #4

Me too. Done.

(icky) #5

It’s making me curious as to what the effects on social behaviour might be… More aggressive cos of lots of meat in the diet…? More chill cos no blood sugar peaks and lows and not getting hangry…? More obnoxious cos lecturing everyone on the right way to eat? :laughing::thinking:

(B Creighton) #6

I don’t feel any different socially doing keto. However, it has prompted me into conversations with some as to how I lost weight, so in that sense, it has made me more social I guess.

(Laurie) #7

Done.

(Allie) #8

Done

Done! Hope you get lots of participants. Best of luck :grinning:

(Bob M) #10

Could add salt to the list of supplements.

I have completed it, but the survey does not give a before/after. For example: since you have started the keto diet, do you feel more/less &Co.
If I am not asked how I felt/behaved before keto, there is no frame of reference for the way I feel/behave now.

(KM) #12

I’m guessing it’s how you feel/behave compared to a control group - are you nicer than the average honey-lovin’ bear? I agree, not sure how these questions will come together to say anything about keto and mental health / mood, it seemed mostly a questionnaire designed to ferret out my weekly carb intake, but it will be interesting to see what they come up with.