The Dopamine Diet

OK so another ‘hook’ and a gimmick to sell a book but Tom Kerridge looks to have come up with a book that should have some tasty LC recipes in it. From what I can glean, it is more high protein than keto but looks to mostly be low carb. I have seen him on UK cookery shows and he has a non poncy style which I like. He has undoubtedly shed a shit tonne of weight the last few years so must be doing something right. I am tempted by the list of recipes if not the science. could be a good addition to one’s cookbook collection.

I have ordered it so I will let you know.

(AnnaLeeThal) #2

Looks interesting.

Some tasty sounding recipes.

(bulkbiker) #4

Few reviews of it here on the other forum I’m a member of…

seems to get pretty good write ups.

(Ritchie Linden) #5

I have one of his earlier cookbooks and its decent, but I think I remember him attributing his weight loss mainly to giving up the booze, still probably worth a read. Im fairly sure hes a 2 michelin star chef, and it for a pub not the traditional fine dining establishment.

You are correct re gastro pub and I am sure stars. He is a great chef from what I have seen - not too poncy! He has been changing his WOE for a number of years. He may have started with cutting the booze but has been talking about changing what he east for a long time.

Arrived. RECOMMEND heartily. Pretty well every recipe looks amazeballs. Drooling! A handful of not exactly keto but would be easily adapted or just omitted. I can’t recommend this enough. Cannot wait to try some of the recipes out.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #8

@Daisy this also belongs in @tdseest Wiki Cookbook topic with your hearty recommendation

Looked a bit closer. A lot of the recipes are a bit sneaky with carbs but very easy to leave them out or reduce the amount - things like honey, passata, etc.

I need to read it properly and then right a better recommendation! I still think it is very worthwhile having though. Considering he is using net some of the carb counts look pretty high for the ingredients just at a quick sweep. I need to work out a few and see.

(Ritchie Linden) #10

So my parents just gifted me this book, so far I have just read the intro sifted through it. Tom says that he has lost 11 stone in 3 years by giving up booze and sticking to under 90 grams of net carbs per day. The recipies seem to be ok and I will definetly try some of them, each recipe does give a carb count and the average seems to be around 8-10g of net carbs with a few recipies being a more acceptable 1-4g per serving, it also promotes the high fat content with out actually saying that as it will no doubt frighten lots of people off.

You will find a lot of those recipes really easy to lower the carb count. For some insane reason he uses a load of honey all over the place. I saw ways to dramatically cut a lot of them. There are some great ideas though aren’t there? He is a good chef.