Subject says it all. I’ve wanted to see it since I heard about it but I’m just too cheap to pay to rent movies. It’s finally come to my favorite free streaming service so I just wanted to share.
The Cholesterol Code in on Tubi
Tubi is free?
My TV/internet is killing me. It’s about $310/month for a relatively low TV subscription, home phone (need to get rid of that), and internet. We’re looking for ways to cut that down.
Edit: Oh yeah, let us know how it is.
Tubi is totally free, so is Pluto.
We have to have a television streaming service, we’re surrounded by mountains, we can’t get any over the air tv channels and only two radio stations.
In the beginning of the year I dropped our landline and added a second cellphone. Because our cellphone provider is also our internet provider we got a discount so we’re paying $140 for cells and internet ( which saved us $30 a month), $83 for YouTube TV and $28 for Netflix and Disney+/HBO/Hulu (I’m not counting Amazon Prime, we’d have that anyway). So we’re up there, too. But we don’t eat out, get takeout or spend anything else on entertainment.
For home “land line” we’ve used “Ooma” for over a decade. Free North America calls voice-over-internet… costs about $6/month (Federal excise tax on phone line, otherwise free)
For cell phones, we’ve used Consumer Cellular for over a decade. Costs about $40/month for two cell phones. No charge for minutes and free texts. We don’t use much roaming data since our phones are setup for wifi data at home.
For TV content, sure Amazon Prime is a given for free delivery. But Netflix is still worth it. My wife also likes Hulu, so we have the cheapest (ad-laden) plan for that.
For internet, we simply have a stand-alone basic plan with Xfinity/Comcast… no phone, no cable. I’m embarrassed to tell you how cheap it is!
But otherwise, free channels like Tubi are great. We even still enjoy a DVD from the (over-bought) household collection.
Bought a Roku years ago and now have a Fire stick (cube) … both of which provide generous news and “cable” access content with no monthly cost.
I scratch my head when hearing about how much many folks spend on digital access/content. Makes no sense to me.
[Will get around to checking out the Cholesterol Code … thanks for the tip!]
It is on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57Z8bUb1P94
I haven’t watched the whole thing. Not finding it terribly informative - just that eating keto doesn’t necessarily cause heart disease… Well, I already knew that… In fact in my case I think I reversed heart disease with Keto…My blood pressure is awesome, and my varicose veins are much improved. Sonographic testing showed clear carotids and aorta. Anyway, for visitors who may have concerns, it is probably reassuring.
I haven’t watched it, but I listened to a podcast where they interviewed a woman who was on it and had a tremendously positive response for her bipolar. But her LDL skyrocketed (she’s a LMHR), and doctors wanted her off the diet. She didn’t get off, because her bipolar It’s here:
Thanks. Our TV/Internet provider is adding a lot of streaming services for “free”, meaning they want us to use them with ads. I’ll see if I can find this.
Thanks for the YouTube link.
I’m a sucker for these health documentaries and how nutrition health is communicated to the general public.