Testosterone supplements

(Paw) #1

Hi there,
I got the question. I’ve been supplementing tostesteron through jab. Should I continue on Keto now. I’ve been on Keto from two months. Are there any complications?

Thanks !

No, being on test and eating keto have nothing to do with each other. ALTHOUGH there are some arguments that eating keto LONG term has an effect. I’m starting to look into that but as a whole makes no difference. Keep in mind those arguments are going to refer to natural levels which don’t really matter if you’re injecting it. When you say “supplementing” (sorry, makes me laugh) if you’re newer to using test make sure you’re aware of how to do it right so you don’t shut yourself down and have issues whether it be the sperm shutdown or other androgenic downsides of supplemental testosterone.

(Paw) #3

Thank you for your reply! I’m in UK now and T is not available to people so could not ask anyone! Thanks!

(Scott) #4

I was listening to a podcast Keto naturopath episode #87 and with higher insulin levels the Testosterone can be converted to estrogen more easily in men. This is true for natural and added testosterone. So keto and lower insulin should be of help whether supplementing or not.

(Paw) #5

Thank you!

Not a prob, if you have any questions you can PM me and I can point you in some directions.

Never heard that before, interesting. I run on the upper end of the estrogen range myself, but my testosterone is also pretty high so kinda comes along with it, unless you force it down which isn’t always pleasant. I haven’t had insulin checked directly in a while but my A1C’s are usually in the 4.7-5.0 range so I’m thinking I’m pretty low most of the time.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

The major precursor to testosterone and progesterone is cholesterol, so if your cholesterol level is high enough, your body should have the resources to make enough of the sex hormones it needs. (Vitamin D is another product made from cholesterol, btw.) If you are on a cholesterol-lowering drug, you may wish to consider whether it is worth taking.

A well-formulated ketogenic diet is very helpful in regulating cholesterol, bringing up the HDL and lowering triglycerides. My understanding is that saturated fat in the diet is the easiest way to raise HDL, since the only drugs that accomplish the same result tend to have unacceptable side effects.

(Todd Allen) #9

I think this might be relevant to the “lean mass hyper responders”. I hope they eventually track sex hormones along with all the other data they are collecting.

(Paw) #10

Hi Ifod14,
I’m wondering if you had lack of energy in the evenings and felt nauseous. I’m taking animal pack vitamins and electrolytes. I don’t eat any carbs though. Could that be the problem? So hard to get Keto right
Thanks for reply!

Nope, are you tracking what you’re eating so you can see both a macro breakdown as well as micro nutrients? it’s most likely diet related. Sounds like it’s diet related.

(Paw) #12

Ok thanks, I also supplement potassium and maybe it’s too much of it.