Testing enhanced fat burn with raw whole ginger root

I hope a home RER tester pans out too! Not that I could afford one, but I can live vicariously via your experiments. :smile:

I have considered that. Maybe that’s a reason those populations are being hit harder now by diabetes after adding more “western” food to their diet.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #103

As far as I know, the only option currently on the table is Lumen and their ‘pre order special’ at US$249 is still available. BTW, this is the first product I have ever in my life ordered and paid for 6 months prior to estimated delivery! So I have a vested interest in this not flopping.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #104

That’s a very interesting proposition. I work with lots of Philippinos and when they take vacations to visit family they always take a suitcase full of chocolate bars. They say you can’t get good chocolate bars in Philippines. Also, I live in Vancouver and we get lots of ships in port originating in various Asian locations. The crews come to Walmart and buy shopping cartfuls of food for themselves and shipmates. Invariably, chocolates, chips and pizza are abundantly represented. So it appears that the worst aspect of western food holds a special appeal.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #105

My testing updated here weekly. So far: Jun 27, Jul 06, Jul 13, Jul 19, Jul 26 and Aug 02.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #106

My testing updated here weekly. So far: Jun 27, Jul 06, Jul 13, Jul 19, Jul 26, Aug 02, Aug09 and Aug16.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #107

My testing updated here weekly. So far: Jun 27 - Aug 23.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #108

My testing updated here weekly. So far: Jun 27 - Aug 30.

As of today, I’m ending the experiment. As you can see from the data not much change overall other than minor weekly ups and downs. There were three measurements of fat/lean mass that I think are spurious and due to how the Navy calculator performs. It won’t accept numbers with decimal values so rounds up/down to the next whole number. The Levl calculator accepts decimals but doesn’t give fat/lean numbers.

So although I kept my daily calories at 2800, stopping the ginger root did not result in any weight and/or fat gain overall. So my hypothesis that it would, has strike one against. I really hope that someone with more weight to play with will try this. Maybe my fairly narrow parameters are the problem.