Tallow BPC

food

(Katie) #1

Just in case you were wondering but too nervous to try, tallow in a keto coffee is very good. I have been combining tallow and MCT oil.

A couple of years ago I tried olive oil in a keto coffee; that was also good.

Any other nonstandard recipes that you have tried?

Bpc, but with an entire stick of butter instead of a pat or two.

(Allie) #3

I tried that and found it vile, but pinch of salt and raw egg blended together works a treat.

I believe you have a highly individual sense of taste :grinning:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

Under the influence of these forums, I tried putting heavy cream in my coffee for a while. It wasn’t awful, but with all due respect to Dave Asprey, I much prefer my coffee unadulterated.

I am a conservative one at this… Usually just a few drops of cream or nothing. Even butter wasn’t good enough, maybe better than nothing when it’s foamy (it’s gross without mixing) but still not my style.

The only possibly unusual thing is an egg yolk or a whole egg in my coffee but I put eggs into everything, I basically live on them. Of course I put them into my coffee as well, they suit it well but it’s not the same without cream so I use both in my richer coffees nowadays.

(Katie) #7

This actually reminds me of something very tasty that I like, which I call a ‘carnivore latte’. It begins by blending bone broth and adding raw yolks. There are other ingredients that I add, but I will spare you because it is probably gross to most. It gets super foamy from the yolks, which is my favorite part!

If someone could handle the tallow and olive oil, I wouldn’t worry about them too much :smiley: It’s just a recipe, they don’t need to make it. I am actually curious. Bone broth and raw yolks, it sounds very good this far :slight_smile: At least write it using blur :slight_smile: Or with a warning :slight_smile:

(Katie) #9

A few months ago I was obsessed with these. I made up the recipe and call it ‘Carnivore Latte’. In a blender:

• Add in bone broth and raw, thawed liver and blend until the liver is not chunky
  • As it is blending drop in the raw yolks and salt (but I liked to use a heavy dash of fish sauce instead of salt)
  • Stop blending when the yolks make it foamy

I was enough in carnivore topics so it’s nothing extreme to me. I don’t eat raw meat myself, though, especially not liver. So I can’t imagine what it is like but some hardcore carnivores may like it, there are nothing wrong the ingredients itself, after all… :slight_smile: Sounds better than coffee with olive oil to me (but I dislike olive oil to begin with and never would put it into anything I consider a dessert type drink as coffee) :wink:

(I need to come up with some weird-for-others recipes, it was so long :D)

(Katie) #11

Do you follow KetoConnect? A few weeks ago on their Instagram they asked for people’s weird keto concoctions/recipes, and they are making a video trying them. I am looking forward to that video.