Swings in glucose levels

(Linda Culbreth) #1

Good explanation.

Can you explain this one?

Any idea what causes blood glucose levels to continue to skyrocket? I’ve been doing keto since about January, 2017. I was ecstatic to see a fasting glucose number of 145 yesterday morning instead of 193… Then, just before lunch, it was at 96 -I cannot remember the last time I saw a 2 digit number in spite of several different t2d meds (no longer on any of them.

I ate less than a cup of mixed green leafy plants, 3 tablespoons of grilled deer meat, some olive oil and nothing else. Went walking for about 30 minutes just after breakfast.

Then, I took it again just before supper time - it was 200 again. I am going in and out of ketosis and am working through the keto flu. Why does it bump up so high?

[rant] One is the cause and one is the effect, conventional wisdom has them switched
(Jim) #2

Congrats on your 96! Maybe cortisol due to some kind of stress?
I know that does it for me.

(Danielle) #3

I vaguely remember seeing/reading something about fat releasing glucose into your blood as it’s being used for energy. That might be a contributing factor. As long as your numbers are going in the right direction (waist measurements going down); I wouldn’t worry about it too much.