Surrounded by junk food and it was no problem 😉

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #1

So my GF and I went to the California state fair tonight in Sacramento. Had a great time. We saw the Plain White T’s, and then the fireworks.

But walking through the fair, we saw, and smelled so many kinds of sweet sugary junk. I considered some Bison Ribs… Then thought, if ever a place used like more sugar in their BBQ sauce than anything else, it would be at the state fair :slightly_smiling_face: lol No thanks.
Anyway, if their were some way I could rub some of my OCD off onto some of you, I would. But really, it was beyond easy to ignore that stuff.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2

It’s a great feeling, isn’t it? :grin:

(PJ) #3

That’s awesome!

I remember the first time I got that, I was a couple months into lowcarb, and I was at a relatives house, standing literally between a chocolate dessert and a mac & cheese pasta dish. And… I could not have cared less. It meant nothing to me. I’d eaten a bunch of protein and fats before I went to that occasion and I was stuffed.

Then I went home, and made a lowcarb crustless cheesecake (which I had planned to make for a few days), ate like 3 bites of it, and put the rest in the fridge for later. It wasn’t until the next day that I realized how surprising that was, that not only was the carbage not tempting, but even what I could have eaten “with permission” wasn’t tempting either.

I think when one is getting sufficient nutrients, micro as well as macro, and is fat adapted enough that the energy is there for them, they aren’t nearly as vulnerable to that stuff.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #5

Good job Chris. How were the Plain White T’s?

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #6

Ooh I love the Plain White Ts! I’m afraid I’ll never get to eat BBQ outside of my house again bc of the sugar in the sauces. Too bad, I used to love BBQ. Congrats on your NSV!

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #7

I’d say it was liberating :slightly_smiling_face:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #8

Couldn’t agree more !

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #9

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face: They were great ! They played all of their older hits, and even there new stuff was pretty good too.

(hottie turned hag) #10

Dude it’s a handy pathology to have, no? I kinda love mine and never view it as a problem. It’s always been a boon in my case.

(Marianne) #11

Fabulous!

When I am surrounded by food like that or snacks I used to love, I find now I crave one of our meals (or pepperoni, a few slices of bacon, etc.). I just love what we eat on this. Not for everyone, and I wish, for their sakes - but glad my husband and I enjoy it so much.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #12

Honestly, I feel like all of my biggest accomplishments in life, are a direct result of being Obsessive Compulsive.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #13

Yep. Can’t wait to Souse Vide our next Ribeyes :blush: I have some ideas…