Strange Body Odor (update July 6th 2021)

Hello :wave:t2:
I’ve been on a Keto diet for 2 and a half years. At this stage of my Keto journey I’m almost all the time carnivore. I think the new “word” for it is Ketovore? I’m OMAD now, eat my only meal of the day around 3 in the afternoon and may have a little snack before bedtime. Anyway, starting back a few months ago I began to have an unusual body odor (under arm) when I sweat? I smell like cool ranch Doritos :joy:, that’s the only description I can give for this odor. It’s actually hilarious, so feel free to laugh. I’ve never in my life smelled body odor that smells like this? It’s in a class by itself. Just letting y’all know I do not eat any of the foods in that odor. No onions, garlic or any corn products. So I’m not eating the things I smell like.
It like onions, spices, garlic, corn chip and everything Doritos :joy:. I use PanOxyl as a body wash to kill bacteria that’s in my loose fat folds. It really works wonders for body odor and skin flap rashes, rawness, itchiness and general body odor. It cured my skin flap irritation problems completely. Also will heal any cyst problems if you have those In areas. Just apply a small amount in the areas you need the bacteria killed. Let it sit there a few minutes, then rinse.
Anyhow this Doritos odor can break through any deodorant. Even the PanOxyl when used completely removes all the under arm odor. But it comes right back as soon as I start sweating. Within 5 minutes of me sweating (under arm) I’m stinking. It is very embarrassing! So I know with me using the PanOxyl as a body wash all the smelly bacteria is removed when I shower. So this odor has to be being secreted by my body. Is this a normal thing on Keto? Is there anything I can do?
What’s causing this smell?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

I’m not sure whether it is keto-related or not. The typical odor from being in ketosis is the fruity smell of acetone (the active ingredient in nail-polish remover). It also seems strange that you’d be suddenly noticing such an aroma only after being in ketosis for two-and-a-half years.

Given all the strangeness over the past year or so, it might be worth checking with your doctor, just to make sure there is no weirdness going on, unrelated to your diet.

What might have changed then in your eating? Your life? Your ?? Your health, anything come up extra?

When it starts something triggers it obvy but key thing is you are saying ‘folds of skin’ and you say: PanOxyl as a body wash to kill bacteria that’s in my loose fat folds. It really works wonders for body odor and skin flap rashes, rawness, itchiness and general body odor. It cured my skin flap irritation problems completely.

I think if you have more loose skin than another’s losing weight issue that might not come into play, then maybe that is coming into play now for you??? but this is a guess from your post on how you mentioned that??

Fat as it melts off us ‘does things’ as in it can make more smell thru the skin, it can easily release more toxins as it ‘melts’ from us and therefore can truly be ‘a overall body smell’ which is a normal thing and might clear more if you are still losing but ‘skin flap irritation’ and more could be ‘cured you think’ but maybe causing an overall issue for you.

Sorry but this is the ‘guess I am taking’ maybe LOL If you changed nothing then your body is reacting overall and you think only underarms but it could be your body releasing alot more all around maybe?

Just a chat out on this :slight_smile: and maybe this might mean you require some skin surgery removal at this point??

I got alot of ?? here LOL and sorry for that but it is if you changed nothing in eating then your body is telling you something.

It’s just my armpits that have the new odor. I don’t have an overall body odor. Only thing changed in my diet was I dropped vegetables this past winter.
Far as skin folds, love handles or flaps as some call them. I was just giving others info on the PanOxyl and I know plenty of overweighters that suffer from the same irritation, itchiness and sometimes heat rash in summer. I’ve found PanOxyl keeps that from happening. PanOxyl works on below the boob area too for the heat rashes. It works on the lower testicular region in men for that summer crotch itch. Cures butt acne too. Rub small amount right out of the tube on problem area in the shower. Wait a few minutes, rinse it off. Works great
My issue is the simple “my pits stink different” and just wondering if it’s normal on Keto

Cool cause I guess I read more into that post and fine on it all.

dropped all veg? YA WENT ALL IN CARNIVORE NOW? Cause I am carnivore and if you are there, yes it could be an issue since you ‘dropped it all’ and your body could easily be ‘still dispelling’ smells from more body fat loss inside but also, and a guess here, you could ‘be just you on smells’ with the pits, cause darn we all are stinky when we oversweat and just get that nasty…I know I had it and still do sometimes when the heat outweighs the cleansing I got going down.

people can ‘perfume’ our bodies to a level, but in summer and we move, oh heck yea we can stink more and my deodorant doesn’t ‘fix it all’ either and ya know what, I don’t care, well…til I ‘smell me’ and think, darn handle that’ in a way LOL

just some thoughts on it, great chat!

The thing is my arm pit sweat has never smelled like Doritos before. In the last 4 months it’s went from plain old sweaty pits.To I’ve got a whole variety of smell going on. Just odd my arm pits would take on such a spicy corn chips smell? It’s weird that it’s just my arm pits?
It very well could be that I’ve went carnivore and OMAD over the last few months. Body burning more fat? Could be? I just found it puzzling?
I know my taste buds have also changed in the past few months. Can’t eat eggs anymore, just taste bad now. Well 2 years and 6 months in, the Keto and now being carnivore and OMAD, this way of eating is still surprising me.
Thanks for the chat

oh yea you ‘might not have smelled’ all there was to smell when more keto vs more carnivore so if you changed up eating then yea, your body odor can change while it adapts.

I know me on smells LOL and I can say I know when that sweating in summer hotter temps and night time sweat etc can change alot so I truly think it is a normal issue BUT with your more pronounced healing in your body you are NOW smelling ‘certain smells’ like a cool ranch dorito LOL

(Vic) #8

All carnivores are sexy and smell yummy, its feromones. :grin:

(Bob M) #9

I have had intermittent periods where I get strange underarm smells, much stronger. I’m thinking it has something to do with bacteria.

In fact, what I’ve had to do, which I THINK (but don’t know) helped, was wash a lot of my t-shirts (not sure what these are called in other countries) inside-out. Seems odd this would work, but my wife found this as a tip, and it does seem to work.

I also keep deodorant at work, just in case. I don’t use antiperspirant.

Other than that, I haven’t figured out what helps and what doesn’t. Or why it appears then disappears. I was thinking carbs (I eat carbs very infrequently, but do eat them), but it’s hard to tell.

I only use regular bar soap.

(Joey) #10

Sorry if you already addressed this somewhere above, but I’m wondering whether there is anything else that smells different to you than it did in years gone by?

I’m wondering whether you may have an olfactory sense-related issue… not a perspiration change. :nose:

(p.s. - I ask based on personal experience from years ago)

Thank you :joy:
It may be a very good thing to still be healing after 2 and a half years. But it sure does stink :joy:
This is wonderful! I’ll keep on keeping on with the 95% carnivore I’ve been doing. I love carnivore, it just stinks :joy:
Thanks for the humor :grin:

Nope, my son says I stink too :joy:

(Joey) #13

Hopefully you’re not enlisting your son to check for you, correct? :grimacing:

(Jane) #14

Why not? My son used to ask me to smell his pits before going on a date - only fair to return the favor! :laughing:

(Joey) #15

Luckily, my daughters never asked. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

oh crap this is getting to hysterical for my ‘taste’…no wait SMELLING!

Okay, I have another question?
Can fish oil supplements cause body odor?
I started taking fish oil supplements earlier this year. Could that be it?

(Joey) #18

Are you taking them orally? :face_with_hand_over_mouth::wink:

Yes I take a fish oil supplement once a day, every day. Spring Valley Omega-3 1000mg

(Jane) #20

Well, you could stop taking it for a week or so and see if the odor goes away.