Stop Eating Seed oils and keep Ketoing on - it could save your life

(Jennibc) #1

I ran across this paper the other day and thought I’d share. It’s kind of slog but the summary is Summary: Here, we are reviewing how changing the host metabolism, particularly changing the host metabolic state from the carbohydrate-dependent glycolytic state to a fat-dependent ketogenic state, may affect viral replication. Furthermore, the impact of intermittent fasting (IF) in triggering metabolic switch along with the impact of supplementation with medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) such as lauric acid in repressing the envelope formation and viral replication is also addressed. The amalgamation of IF and a ketogenic diet rich in MCTs is thought to work as a prophylactic measure for normal people and adjunct therapy for infected persons. Key Message: A diet regimen of ketogenic breakfast along with supplementation with two doses of lauric acid-rich MCTs at breakfast and lunch times, followed by 8–12-h IF and a dinner rich with fruits and vegetables, could be a potential prophylactic strategy and adjuvant therapy to combat SARS-CoV-2 infections. Also I read another article recently about how it could be the linoleic acid trapped in our fat cells may be responsible for Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. Soybean, corn, canola oil etc are the primary sources of that.

(Ethan) #2

Interesting, but problematic. The first article suggests losing ketosis nightly with fruits. The second article potentially falsely assumes that the dietary patterns of those who contracted Covid we’re consistent with the dietary patterns assumed for the country as a whole.

closed #3