Stomach

I just found out I have a fatty liver.Not good.Keto was my life style for about 18 -24 months 2020 December 2021 range.Fell off the wagon so to speak craving anything carb.Battle fought for 6 months.Back on keto for about 2 months mostly meat.Still that carb beast is giving me fits.I have not given in but still it won’t leave.I went from 212 to 167.But belly fat has never left.Any ideas on what to do to help liver?Blood work up will be in next week.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Fatty liver is the result of a process called de novo lipogenesis, which results when the liver is overwhelmed with ethanol, fructose, and/or branched-chain amino acids. The problem is that the same metabolic pathway handles all three, and it is easily overwhelmed. So looking at your consumption of those three things would be a good place to start. A pilot study of some obese children at the paediatric obesity clinic at UCSF showed that fatty liver is easily reversible, by removing fructose from the diet. (It took around ten days for the kids’ livers to return to normal.) And of course we already knew that cutting back on alcohol helps, as well.

Fructose is a component of sucrose (table sugar), which is a disaccharide consisting of a glucose molecule bonded to a fructose molecule. High-fructose corn syrup contains a bit more fructose (55%, as opposed to 50%), so it is also to be avoided. Many sweet fruits contain fructose, both separately and in sucrose. Avoiding all sweets, if possible, is highly likely to help your fatty liver. Especially avoid fruit juices and smoothies, because they usually contain quite a large hit of fructose.

The branched-chain amino acids are leucine, iso-leucine, and valine. They happen to be among the essential amino acids, but unless we are trying to build muscle, we don’t need much of them.

Good luck!

(Joey) #3

@kanetuck You’re on the right track and armed with much of the knowledge and personal experience you need. @PaulL shared some finer details to further help.

My strong suggestion would be to leverage the knowledge and personal track record you’ve earned along the way. Also encouraging to hear you’ve had the good fortune to get medical attention/tests to help you maintain focus on the steps ahead.

Best wishes - please keep us posted on your progress. You’re heading on a healthy path again. Stay the course. :vulcan_salute:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #4

@PaulL has given really great info, so that’s a good place to start to make some changes.

Also, if you wanted, you could look into liver cleanses and supplements to help bolster some clean keto eating. I’ve done numerous liver cleanses in the past decade, all with great success. A product I use is called Livatrex from a company called Global Healing Center. I feel like having lost a lot of fat, and my liver working day in and day out to pump out ketones, it can use a little support, and this has been a great product that I’ve been using for years. Just fyi, I’m in no way affiliated with the company, I just use the heck out of a lot of their products.

Here’s the Livatrex link: https://globalhealing.com/products/liver-health?&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ProductsGHC-Branded-Search&gclid=Cj0KCQjwxIOXBhCrARIsAL1QFCZ_Myg99hHMryzQUJzSgBtD2MNVsfWhnEyiSYoPiiBadDIFxB0j9V8aAujmEALw_wcB

And if you wanted to take the plunge into the entire full-on liver/gallbladder cleanse, you can check it out here: https://globalhealing.com/products/liver-cleanse-program?subscription=no&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ShoppingUSLowPriorityGHC&gclid=Cj0KCQjwxIOXBhCrARIsAL1QFCbqKhUdPU6S6VUrfQklsx_IKmkkykmwLqje8jETsAuxuDgjNzkniTIaAouWEALw_wcB

I’ve done the liver/gallbladder cleanse and sooooo many gallstones came out of me, it was insane. Products definitely work!

(Edith) #5

Do you consume alcohol? If so, that has got to go along with the carbs if you would like to get rid of fatty liver.

My two year diet was pure Keto zero days off zero cheat days.Then I got hit with that carb craving.Never could satisfy it so back to pure keto I go.Those 2 years I never lost the belly fat but I went from 36 inch waist to 32.All test shows I am still obese 30% body fat I am 5’8” 167 weight. My calorie intake is 1600 I do better with high fat medium protein maybe 5 % carbs .I have been a gym rat and studied food vitamins sense the 80’s.Just the beast of not losing the ring of belly fat is the problem.Oh I never drink do drugs or tobacco

Need to add I fast 14 hour normally one meal about 3 pm small meal about 6 pm old military habits

(Marianne) #8

I’m assuming you excrete or eliminate those out? Could you see them? How did you know you got rid of them? Did they go from your gallbladder to your intestines and then out?

(Marianne) #9

Are you a man or a woman? I think that’s a pretty good weight for your height, although I can understand maybe wanting to lose a little bit more.

I am male zero stones nothing excreted but normal stuff.I live on 80 acres 2x week cut 10 acres of grass weed eat after 5 hours bush hog when needed have 2 gardens in other words I am busy not sick

This.

I was able to lose the weight after being diagnosed with NAFLD and T2, Hype, etc.
I got the job done.

Alcohol remains my final nemesis.

Don’t get me wrong- I’m functioning well with a good job in all aspects…but it is my own liver I’m worried about.

Recently went for another liver scan, fibrosis,thank G-d no fibrosis.
I’m sure losing all that weight helped.

Made me think, time to address that alcohol habit too. One step at a time.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #12

Yes I saw them in the toilet… like 100 of them of varying sizes. They get pooped out. And ya know, I’m assuming they went from the gallbladder and eventually out, but in between, I’m not sure. :joy:

(Marianne) #13

Thank you; I didn’t know they could.

x-Dena-xLittle Miss Scare-AllRegular

7h

@PaulL has given really great info, so that’s a good place to start to make some changes.

Also, if you wanted, you could look into liver cleanses and supplements to help bolster some clean keto eating. I’ve done numerous liver cleanses in the past decade, all with great success. A product I use is called Livatrex from a company called Global Healing Center. I feel like having lost a lot of fat, and my liver working day in and day out to pump out ketones, it can use a little support, and this has been a great product that I’ve been using for years. Just fyi, I’m in no way affiliated with the company, I just use the heck out of a lot of their products.

Hi Dena and Kane,

I’m an expert at trying to try and at the same time to avoid this.

Basically, I use tumeric and milk thistle double dose an hr or so before drinking.
DON’T USE MY REGIMEN FFS!
Religiously. And I’m not religious…maybe whorish to a lot of religions churches, Dena.

Maybe it’s placebo to me. Maybe it works for me.
I’m not fooling myself…it’s not the panacea for all ails.
It may not even be anything, but I go by hoping that it helps.

The only other thing you can do to cleanse the liver…bit like a computer…sh*te in, shi%te out, but what happened the *?

I have no issues do not know why people got this idea I got stones or infection I just got a fatty liver that’s it all else is fine

(Little Miss Scare-All) #16

Bro, you amuse the ■■■■ out of me :joy::joy::joy:

Glad to be of service

(Megan) #18

umm ouch? Passing medium to large stones is often incredibly painful (when they pass thru the bile duct)

(Megan) #19

People are responding to Dena talking about gall stones :slight_smile:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #20

I was worried about it first time, but never felt a thing. They slid through the bile ducts effortlessly due to the 6 or 8 ounces of cold pressed olive oil you have to drink on flush day. Nice and lubey.