Stokies: Visual experiment with weight and body comp

progress

(Carolyn aka stokies) #1

So some of you may know, I tend to hit extended stalls. I feel they are frequent while in them, but I cannot truly complain about having lost as much as I have in now nearly 19 months. (125 if anyone is curious.)

Now as for this stall, I have been floating between 165 and 167. These pics are in order since the start of my stall in November, until the last one which was taken yesterday. This is to help remind people that the number is just a number on the scale. It’s but ONE metric to track.

Nov 10 (166#):

Dec 1 (167#):

Dec 22 (165#):

And yesterday @ 166#:

Keep calm, keto on and don’t let the scales blind you to your progress :heart:

Just not losing
('Jackie P') #2

Looking Good hunni!

Wow, yes absolutely. You’ve lost a lot of inches. I’m almost tempted to say your scales have stopped working!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #4

This is an EXCELLENT show and tell for people. I really appreciate it. I haven’t done this but the measuring tape tells the same story. Yes, I’ve been stuck at the same weight for almost a year but all I have to do is look at my ever flattening chest to know the scale isn’t telling the whole story. Thanks for posting!

(Carolyn aka stokies) #5

Thank you :smile:

(Carolyn aka stokies) #6

Right? It does mess with your head if you only go by one source to track. My waist dropped 2 inches and so here’s hoping there is lean muscle building in the midst of the fat loss :laughing:

(Carolyn aka stokies) #7

OMG - you crack me up with your way with words. But ty - I thought it might be a helpful visual… glad it’s useful!

(Susan) #8

You look fantastic, Carolyn, you are a really great inspiration to me, as I have over 100 pounds to go. You should be very proud of yourself =).

(Bunny) #9

I have floated like that too, very very annoying.

I use to sit there and play with a very accurate physicians scale at the foot of my bed constantly, trying to figure it out.

Quit doing that and put the scale out in the garage and started using a tape measure…lol

Started getting really technical with the scale and would write down and record blood glucose, ketones levels, and what I ate along with weight on spread sheets.

(Rebecca ) #10

Just so I understand, there is only a 2 lb difference in the 4 pictures!? You look so fit and healthy!! Thanks for the visuals!

(Alex ) #11

You look amazing, just shows what you can do in a month… And how stealthy the changes are even when the scales are not your friend!

(Carolyn aka stokies) #12

Exactly right - just a 2 pound swing! Thank you :smile:

(Carolyn aka stokies) #13

I am grateful to have found a way to help support my body’s recovery towards improved health. It took me forever to get here. I’m 43 - apparently slow to learn hahaha. You got this!

(Carolyn aka stokies) #14

It is so tempting to get sucked down those rabbit holes!

(Susan) #15

I am 55–so I am even slower, haha. At least we are both on the right path now =).

(Charles ) #16

Hi Stokies,
You look GREAT! Your doing very good on keto. I stall on keto also. I’m within 7 pounds of my ideal weight and have hit a Plato. I think my problem is protein. I eat protein and good fats, the protein digests as sugar so my ketones are almost always at 0.5 with peeks at 0.9. Protein with breakfast, lunch and dinner. 0.5 is my daily average.
I may try fasting for 24 hours. Just a thought.