Staying hydrated in cold weather

conversationstarters

(Carolyn aka stokies) #1

I have been searching the archives and maybe I am not using the right terms… so please direct me if needed. I am having a hell o f a time staying hydrated in the colder weather. Yes I know I do not need to replenish as much as I did in warmer weather, but I feel my lower intake is also negatively impacting my ability to lose weight… I knowit is a factor in warmer weather, so it would stand to reasin that I would have similar baseline needs regardless of season…

Thoughts? Tips? I use salt and even lemon randomly to switch things up and that is not helping.
My carbonated mineral waters are not cutting it either…

Ok yeah - first world fat problems.
shuts up
staring at my too full water bottle

Stop staring and start drinking! :wink:

If I have water by me I tend to drink it… But if I have to get up to drink something I go much longer between drinks. At work I do an awesome job hydrating but at home it’s another story.

For whatever reason, I’ve found these to make me feel less hydrated. I love Gerolsteiner. It’s naturally sparkling high mineral water, but makes me feel dry. But it won’t stop me from drinking it. Lol.

I do put ConcenTrace mineral drops in my Zero Water filtered tap water. They are mostly magnesium but contain trace minerals. It seems to improve the flavor and makes the water a bit softer since my filter takes out all tds. I tend to drink more when I have added those drops.

Other than just drink more, I’m not sure what else to suggest. Maybe you really don’t need more rn? Are you having symptoms, other than your perceived slower weight-loss, that make you think you need to drink more water?

(bulkbiker) #4

Drink when you’re thirsty… are you counting teas and coffees in your daily totals?
Excess fluid is as bad as too little.

(Carolyn aka stokies) #5

I drink regularly, but I understand how much less it is recently… but I understand!

(Carolyn aka stokies) #6

Right? If I felt less, I would be inclined to drink more. But I just don’t know… thanks for those suggestions though. WIll look into them!

I just feel that it is such a significant difference from my typical baseline intake. Guess I might be making it more than it really is…

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #7

Hot water is traditional in Asia, even in warm weather.

(Carolyn aka stokies) #8

I will definitely try this. I do drink tea, but never tried plain water. Thanks!

(Carl Keller) #9

I like to drink bone broth occasionally. If you warm up a mug in the microwave, it’s like drinking chicken soup without all the stuff in it.

(Allie) #10

Sitting at my desk sipping hot water with a pinch of sea salt dissolved in it…

(Carolyn aka stokies) #11

At my desk too… drinking cold water lol. I think the cold is the part of my problem HAHAHA :laughing:

(Allie) #12

The warmth does make a big difference.

(Evi Machova) #13

I have a similar problem now in cold weather to go and drink cold water, so I find drinking hot water with a bit of lemon in much better just for the change?