SPAM me with your LOWEST fat meal recipes!

(Heather Meyer) #1

This sounds like an odd request on Keto so bare with me!
So… after 2 months of intolerable pain and nausea and eiminating this food and that food and being mis-diagnosed, today, in my sickest state yet, i went to the 5th Dr in the past 2 months and this one listened!! And he 100% believes that I am 1 in every 500 people that suffer from post-op complications of gallbladder removal and believes that i either have a stone stuck or excess scar tissue causing a narrowing or blockage between the leftover pouch and bile duct. So he put in an URGENT referral to a surgeon… Hallelujah!! who can proceed with sending me for a ECRP(endoscopic procedure/surgery if needed to fix problem)

BUT… that caveat is… I CANT eat high or moderate fat. I have to be low fat/ultra low fat or no fat until they fix the issue. So i am commited to my 365 day challenge and willing to stay Keto even if its not true “high fat keto” at the moment because i know i will be able to eat fat once im fixed. So… i figure… i mine as well embrace continued Keto because the nausea gives me extra motivation to fast and works as a great appetite suppressent. So i will take the weight loss benefits while i wait…

So… i need your best recipes or ideas for low fat/no fat foods.

** Also cant have spicy foods or citrusy foods or high acid foods as well as gas inducing veggies.

Any takers?

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #2

But where will you be getting your energy if you aren’t going to eat fat or carbs and protein upsets your stomach (other thread)? I’m glad you are getting somewhere with the doctor. You will feel so much better not having chronic symptoms.

My zero fat keto choices come with carbs (vegetables, basically) or in my beverages (tea, water, coffee).

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3

Shirataki noodles.

('Jackie P') #4

Would you be ok with white fish? Poached in a little milk. Chicken poached in stock. You may need to increase the frequency of your meals to get adequate nutrition. Even supplement with lowfat protein shakes.
I really wish you well and hope they can help you soon.:slightly_smiling_face:

(Heather Meyer) #5

Im going to keep trying eggs or egg whites and try some plain chicken breast maybe in smaller quantities? I am literally so nausiated that im not even hungry most of the day now. I did make a 2L of chicken bone broth simmered on pressure cook with veggies prior to straining and i will skim the fat off of it. Im going to eat sugar free jello as well. I am just stumped aside from eggwhites and chicken breast… inless i do eggwhites in a berry smoothie with cashew milk??? Im really not sure yet how to make it work but im going to try even if that means living off eggs for a month or more. I didnt find the beyond burger patty caused me any pain or nausea. The problem right at this moment is that its gotten worse or flared with more inflammation so I think liquids might be it for a little bit until it settles down… maybe some kind of pureed veggie soup like zucchini with broth?

(Heather Meyer) #6

yah i was thinking of trying some cod poached in water and light seasoning of dill

(Troy) #7

Can you do or tolerate sardines?
A can is around 8g of fat or so I think

(Troy) #8

If so…
Spread out during a day

I will be more than happy to go along with you for a 365 day challenge or conquest :smile:

(bulkbiker) #9

Skinless chicken breast?

(Natasha) #10

How about making some chicken and vegetable soups? Or slow cook some lean meat until it is really tender? Lightly roasted veg (aubergine, courgette etc). Could you make your own hummus with chickpeas or something similar, if you can cope with a few extra carbs you can make those things without lots of added oil. In the UK Aldi they sell ‘pasta’ made out of mung bean and edamame - it’s really tasty, you could try something like that with a little marinara or similar. Low fat Greek yogurt with a few berries.

Sorry you’ve got this dilemma but glad it seems you are now on the right track to getting it diagnosed and sorted. Best of luck!

WOW I am so sorry you are going through this. It sounds really painful and just nasty for you right now. Super happy you have a Dr. who will get you evaluated and see if something has been hiding from them after this surgery.

This sounds super rough and hard, but hey, I hear ya on it…lol…might as well make it work for you somehow while you are forced to wait for your medical fix :slight_smile:

It really sounds like you just don’t want to eat hardly anything at all.
That your nausea is really putting a damper on your life right now.

I would gear toward all things natural as you can. Like very lean burger. Chicken breast. Any seafood. Any fish. Key thing is obviously don’t add any butter etc. in any cooking phase.

I don’t think much can help right now. I would stick to what you are doing. Nibble of this or that when you can and not feel icky doing it. It almost sounds like anything you can handle is a good thing :slight_smile: while you wait.

Sorry you are in a bad way right not, hopefully your fix does the trick!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #12

Okay, if you’re sticking with eggs you could do part skim cheese and make chaffles too, for variety. You can add cinnamon or any flavor that makes them appetizing since they’re sort of flavorless on their own. I think you’ll have to get creative! (I made one with sugar free chocolate chips once :grin: at least you’ll be getting protein with your lily’s.)

(Heather Meyer) #13

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: a girl after my own heart… i love lilys.
Im going to try and play it safe but will def give the skim milk cheese a go

(traci simpson) #14

Dr. Berry has a podcast on youtube. Just google Dr. Berry Can I eat KETO without a gallbladder.

(Windmill Tilter) #15

Great vid. I’ll post the link for anybody else interested:

(Windmill Tilter) #16

Does extended fasting count as low fat? Could be a great time to try it out if you’re feeling nauseous anyway. Nothing fancy just a few 48hr or 72hr fasts while you’re waiting. I find them a heck of a lot more comfortable than low calorie days. You’ll probably be asked to fast prior to the surgery anyway… :slightly_smiling_face:

The mechanisms of lypolysis are very different that than of digesting exogenous fat if I recall. The role of gall bladder is storing bile to aid in fat digestion, otherwise the liver needs to produce the bile on demand. When we eat our own fat through autophagy, bile doesn’t come into play. Do I have that right @atomicspacebunny?

(Bunny) #17

Lol…not unless your fat cells are ending up in your stomach.

Eating fat is not required on a ketogenic diet, the ketogenic diet is a low sugar diet, if you added resistant starch you really would not have to eat fat at all. Your gut can make its own fat for fuel.

The high protein and fat dietary thing is only to keep you satiated, if nothing else.

(Heather Meyer) #18

I totally believe you can eat keto without a gallbladder. However, thats not the problem. Ive been eating high fat since gallbladder removal in 2015 with little issues.

However… whichever problem is going on now(which they believe is due to the removal), is making it impossible to eat even moderate or what we call low fat. I am at the point of fasting on liquids that contain almost zero fat…like less than 2 grams per serving(cashew milk)in my tea, and occasionally sugar free jello. So until whatever is corrected… no high fat or moderate fat yet…

(Heather Meyer) #19

Well and thats whats odd… im guessing its due to the inflammation going on but basically I am not hungry. My day consists of

Tea
Tea
Tea
Chicken broth
Tea
i tried sugar free jello( got 1 cup down)
Tea
Tried dried seaweed

But basically due to inflammation, my body is no longer hungry physically. Its all a mental game now. My body says no and my brain scowers pinterest looking at recipes because its thinking about food. So i dont get hunger pangs now. Full fasting sounds good but due to my heart condition, i need 5+ grams of sodium if i was on a normal diet…which means even more now that im on keto. So chicken bullion is making that happen.

Any news on from the surgeon and the next step? Hope you are doing ok :slight_smile: