Something at Taco Bell for us?

(bambiying2) #1

Wonder how many carbs it will have?

http://6abc.com/food/taco-bell-fried-chicken-taco-shell-rolling-out-nationwide/1698023/

(Jessica K) #2

I imagine the breading alone on that chicken will make it way too high. They need to get on board with some straight up cheese shells!

(Elis Diaz) #3

It’s probably fried in canola oil.

(David K) #4

I’m not concerned about what they fry it in, because fast food but I think the number I heard was 30g.

(Chris Bair) #5

Best I can find is

Adding those together, the Naked Chicken Taco from Taco Bell theoretically rolls in at 370 calories, 21 grams of fat, 5.5 grams of saturated fat, and 28 grams’ worth of protein.

21g of fat is 189 calories, 28g of protein is 112. That leaves 69 calories unaccounted for (again, this is in theory) you have 17.25g of caloric carbohydrates (AKA Net carbs)

yeah, I’ll pass.

It’s not going to be my daily meal, but for sure it’s a step in the low carb direction. :wink:

(Keto in Katy) #7

I’ll pass. Try and find out how much actual chicken meat is in the “chicken” on that thing.

We don’t normally eat out with it being unplanned but last weekend it happened. I ordered a chicken power bowl minus beans and rice, extra romaine and sour cream. I then added some Diablo hot sauce, it worked ok.

(Stephanie Pratt) #9

I keep low carb tortillas in the house at all times. I get tacos and scrape the stuff out of the taco bell shell into my low carb tortilla.