Soft food only?

(Jenn W) #1

I had the joyous opportunity to undergo a root canal! Unfortunately my jaw is bruised and quite sore. Chewing anything right now isn’t the best feeling, honestly swallowing isn’t so great either…
So besides sf jello and BPC what are some super soft foods I can turn to?
Obviously mashed cauliflower but too much of that and my stomach may just explode.
Any suggestions??

(Becky Searls) #2

I just had a gum graft a couple of weeks ago - I’d suggest:

1. Fasting if you are able
  2. Cheesy scrambled eggs
  3. Mashed avocado with salt and lemon juice
  4. Creamed spinach
  5. Bone broth & other fully blended soups
  6. Smoothies (think few berries + heavy cream / coconut oil)

(Kylie Woodruff) #3

I really feel for you, root canals are the worst! Fasting sounds like a great idea. Hope your jaw is feeling better soon!

(Tom Seest) #4

Cream cheese and butter come to mind.

Maybe mix the cream cheese with heave whipping cream, some sort of flavor or a few raspberries, and stevia.

(Carla) #5

Liver pate.
It may not seem appetizing, but in your situation I might seriously consider trying an all-meat pureed baby food. It would probably be too pricey as a mainstey, but seasoned up a bit, it might provide a welcome shot of flavor.

What about Chia Seed pudding?

(Scott Shillady) #7

What’s wrong with Butter, It’s what I had for lunch yesterday

(Guardian of the bacon) #8

Warmed Brie literally melts in your mouth.

(jketoscribe) #9

Broth, broth, broth, broth, and more broth! Lots of collagen to promote healing of all those traumatized tissues.

(Jenn W) #10

Broth… why didn’t I think of that?!
Liver… organs… ummmm… yeah not brave enough. Can’t get it past the other senses.
I made myself some cheesecake whip that’s waiting for me at home.

I’m craving all the good stuff… bacon, steak, ugh.

Sounds like a great opportunity to do an extended fast.

(Becky Searls) #12

Usually you need to avoid nuts and seeds post dental work? At least that’s true for me post gum graft