Snacking... how do I stop?

(back and doublin' down) #21

What I’m hearing you say is ‘this is a mental game for me.’ So yes, prepping with good solid meal with plenty of fat can be your first ‘self talk point.’ (And when you talk to yourself, Call Yourself by Your First Name! It really works)

What’s your game plan? Is there something you enjoy that you could do in front of tv if that’s where you want to be? Some sort of hobby or crafting? Just as you have strengthened your ‘muscle’ for fasting, you can strengthen your “Not going to Snack” muscle.

The success you’ve had abating your MS symptoms is amazing ~ no doubt you can conquer this minor issue as well. Good Luck!

(7ffe4032b7ad53595f0c) #22

Thank you! Right now it’s load up on lunch and food does not cross into the living room. Food has to be eaten in the kitchen or at the table. This worked a bit ago but I eventually justified why I needed food in the living room.

I am going to keep my hands busy working with welding wire for TIG. There’s a hand technique I need to get down and it’s my left hand which is still building back fine motor skill. This is the plan. But follow through has been the issue. I’ve never said my own name out loud like that. Will definitely try!

Look up Dr. Terry Wahls she got herself out of a reclined wheelchair by guinea piggy functional medicine on herself. Her books are a whole food Keto.

(back and doublin' down) #23

There’s a few reasons why it works. We would seldom be as critical to others in the way we often are self criticizing in our self talk. So, by inserting your first name, you tend to change the tone to something more positive. Our thoughts are real and powerful ~ as you know from your positive self directed approach to rewiring the brain around what the MS disrupts! Doing some fine motor practice on your left hand for TIG welding sounds perfect!

BPC with cacao butter is my absolute fave yum!