Slimfast Keto!

Ohhhhhhh boy!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #3

If I could smack Slim Fast in the face I would. :-1:

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

Eat real foods. Slimfast is not anyone’s friend, no matter what the slap on the outside of the can/boxes. :roll_eyes:

(Ken) #5

This is playing on people’s ignorance about lipolysis and fat based nutrition. Of course they are right, crapping yourself silly will cause lipolysis and ketosis. Just like any form of starvation.

True that! But in this world of convenience…it’s pretty tempting.

(Running from stupidity) #7

You know what I’m going to say here…

#carbombs

(less is more, more or less) #8

Sigh. Sorry, but I’d fast before eating that, um, product. Nothing more convenient than not eating.

(Ken) #9

Several decades ago I used “Dieters Tea”. A distinctly unpleasant experience.

(Running from stupidity) #10

So much this. Even if I was REALLY hungry I couldn’t bring myself to reward them for this sort of lying unethical behaviour by purchasing or eating it.

Don’t shoot me, but I actually just bought some of their “Keto” peanut butter cups for travel snacks. Made with erythritol and they were pretty good.

OK, I’m ducking now…

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #12

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

(less is more, more or less) #13

More sigh. If one wants to run out and buy a SlimFast manufactured product, have at it. I honor your inner keto®. I lead a very busy life, and yet, I’ve never been so busy as to need to take these kinds of shortcuts. That’s merely a statement, not a judgement.

The point I hope to make isn’t of my wrathful judgement, but rather there’s an amazing world of home-made LCHF treats that are not exhaustively time consuming, and you precisely know what you’re putting in your mouth. For one quick example, I like knowing I’m not consuming the same material that goes into making yoga mats.

FWIW, I was of that mindset until my foodie wife taught me. Like a cool pool on a hot day, the splash is jarring for a quick second before you realize how much better it is after the leap.

(Running from stupidity) #14

Yeah, but the dose makes the poison, and Vani Hari is a complete and utter [spoiler]dickhead[/spoiler] of the “If you’re illiterate and can’t pronounce stuff, don’t eat it and just starve” variety.

OTOH, I’m fully with you on the make-it-yourself stuff. I am fortunate in that I don’t have to eat out at all, really, so it’s all made in this little kitchen here.

(less is more, more or less) #15

…and we’re back to the dirty keto debate. My wife digs Vani Hari. I agree about the dose, though the levels rise the more manufactured food you eat.

Suffice it to say, I honor the dirty inner keto in you.® Now go wash your mouth out with delicious fatty soap. :wink:

(Running from stupidity) #16

Nope, not because of me. As I said, home-made is all I do, pretty much. However, as a journalist I’m just a bit reflexive about the histrionics around stories like the yoga mat one that are deliberately manufactured by the likes of VH and her ilk purely for the publicity, and idiot publications jump onboard #becauseclickbait and they annoy me immensely :slight_smile:

So I have no dirty inner keto for you to honour :slight_smile: And I have no bacon soap, either :frowning:

Reviewing the bars…they’re not good. The chocolate has that cooling effect that some sugar alcohols give off and the center isn’t worth wild. Quest still ranks at the top of my list.

(KCKO, KCFO) #18

Yeah, exactly that!

Can’t beat the economy of it either.

I hear you! For what it’s worth, I cook all the time (and love it).

I just like trying new things, and the ingredients on the peanut butter cups are surprisingly not bad at all. I totally understand that our homemade stuff is a million times better in every way.

(I should add that my reaction when I saw Slimfast jumping on the keto bandwagon was that it was the end of the world.)

But then I thought I’d try one, heh heh. As I said, please don’t shoot. :wink:

(Mindy) #20

oh GROSS. as if after 30 plus years of lying to us w/ their crap product…we should trust that they aren’t going to trick us w/ a “keto” product?? no thanks!!!