Slimfast Keto

(Tricia) #1

I saw Slimfast came out with Keto shakes, bars and fat bombs. What’s your opinion??

(bulkbiker) #2

Nothing I’d want to put into me…

(Carpe salata!) #3

I’m pretty fat adapted so no need for snacks. On work days, I just have dinner when I get home. A glass of water is a pretty good snack.

(Wendy) #4

Why?
I’d rather eat my meal.
And there’s dextrose in it.

(Allie) #5

Not something I would want to consume.

Give me real food anytime over these nasty meal replacements.

(John) #6

My opinion is that there are companies who want to make money off of whatever “diet trends” they see gaining acceptance, so they want to put the buzzword (paleo, keto) on their label to sell their product to people whose sole understanding about the diet comes from a magazine article they picked up at the supermarket checkout.

I am trying to follow the general guideline of “eat real foods” that is the cornerstone of EVERY variant of healthy eating that I have ever seen.

So no, not for me. I have learned that at least 80% of the battle is the mental game - learning permanent new habits and forsaking old bad habits. Going back to manufactured food-like products is not a bad habit I am going to return to.

(Heather Meyer) #7

There is nothing “keto no-no” about this shake except Dextrose which is a form of sugar of course…
IMO im not a fan of whey protein concentrate. Whey protein can actually stall out weight loss because its a form of dairy. They certainly add a lot of sweetners to this product though…

Dextrose
Monkfruit
Erithrytol
Stevia leaf

Makes me wonder how bad it tastes that they need to make it that sweet??

Actually the ingredients aren’t as bad as I imagined they would be but I just frigging hate Slimfast. I hate them for months of misery when I did their shakes and I just hate them for getting on the bandwagon and trying to suck people into this diet mentality bullshit. If I wanted to use shakes (and they have their place for many people for various reasons) I would use KetoChow. Slimfast will never again get any of my money.

(Thurston ) #9

Why bother eating that stuff when there’s rib eye?

Just carry one with ya at all times.

Eat real food.

(Tricia) #11

Thanks everyone! I felt the same, just wanted some other opinions. :blush:

(Carpe salata!) #12

If I want easy go-to snacks … a boiled egg, peanut butter, handful of nuts, a cheese slice, low carb dip with celery, a raw mushroom … there’s a lot of options.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #13

Daisy, don’t be so polite. Tell us how you really feel! :grinning::

I think I got triggered :smiley:

(Carpe salata!) #15

You have a point . DW was using them and doing ok. Then stopped.

With the result of putting on about 30 lbs over time.

The good thing about KETO is that it’s a lifestyle and can mesh with your new way of life.

(Sheri Knauer) #16

Personally, I would never drink anything Slim Fast. As Daisy succinctly stated, I just hate the product and what it represents. I would not recommend this drink to anyone who is currently keto or a whole foods based diet, or wanting to start keto. With that said, I would much rather see this “Keto slim Fast” in the carts of those people who are buying Ensure convinced they are drinking something nutritious and good for them. Here is the ingredient list for Ensure:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #17

Lolz! :smile:

:nauseated_face::face_vomiting::woozy_face:

(Jonathan Smith) #19

I tried the mct oil , good product, and affordable

(Julila) #20

BEWARE: These SlimFast Keto bars spiked my blood sugar like crazy! I tested this morning:
fasting blood sugar = 98;
15 minutes after eating blood sugar = 141
30 min. after eating blood sugar = 150
I think it’s isomalto-oligosaccharide from tapioca, the tapioca syrup and the inulin. The new Quest bars do not spike my blood sugar but the old formula did. Unless your results vary, STAY AWAY FROM SLIMFAST.