Skin! Acne!

(Ashley) #1

So I just wanted to take a minute to praise something other than weight loss on here. My skin has lost a lot of my redness on my cheeks. My face feels smoother. Just another advantage of keto and I’m loving it! I finally am starting to understand this woe! It’s really great! Anybody else see clearer skin?

(Allie) #2

Good result :blush:
There’s an NSV (non-scale victory) section for this kind of celebratory post.

(Karen) #3

Congrats!

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/c/progress/non-scale-victories

K

I’m hoping I’ll get the clear skin, but no, sadly I’m the opposite, I’ve been coming out in quite a few spots!! :cry: I’m wondering if it’s down to detoxing as I’m only 5 weeks in! I’ve not seen anyone else mention being spottier, but lots mentioning better skin…

(Elle ) #5

Hang in there! During my first month or so on keto my face would break out constantly, which usually never happens to me. As I see it, it was most likely the body and hormones adjusting to this new lifestyle. My skin looks waaaay better now and has cleared up completely. ( 2 months in )

(Ashley) #6

Thank you I didn’t not realize this! :slight_smile:

(Ashley) #7

Thank you!

(Ashley) #8

I’ve been doing keto on and off since the beginning of March so just hang in there! It’ll happen as your body adjusts!

(Ashley) #9

Mine did the same thing! And now it’s
Definetly a lot smoother, less red. I still do have a few little bumps, but I never had acne bad, the redness was more bothersome to me and that has alleviated more than 80% so I’m super stoked!

(Jean Taylor) #10

I have kp on my face. It’s pretty mild it’s not the noticeably bumpy kind I’ve seen its just red, but I’m also super pale so I end up looking like I just got slapped all the time. I’ve been feeling like it’s been a good amount less red lately. I’m not sure if it’s keto or not though. No noticeable change on my arms/legs. I’ll have to start paying more attention now though.

(Ashley) #11

What is kp if you don’t mind me asking? I usually have a lot of redness on my face. Looks like I also have been slapped. So I’m curious what kp is.

(Jean Taylor) #12

Keratosis pilaris. Your hair follicles produce too much keratin.

(Jean Taylor) #13

It’s supposed to be really common but I think the facial part is more rare. I’m not sure if you can just have it on your face or not but it might be worth looking up.

(Ashley) #14

Ah, I have suspicions mine is rosacea (mild) but still easily noticeable.

(Jean Taylor) #15

I thought mine was too but apparently that’s not a thing before around 30 and I’ve had it as long as I can remember. If I were 25 when it started I might still wonder but seems unlikely having practically had it since birth.

(Ashley) #16

Really? Intersting since I’m 29 and have had it about three years.

(Jean Taylor) #17

I was probably 12-14 when I asked the Dr about it and he said i was too young. As far as I know rosacea is possible in younger people but less common the younger they are and I certainly have kp on my legs and arms so…