Site issue?

(Ellen) #1

Is there an intermittent issue with the site? Over the last few days I’ve noticed that occasionally
when I read a post and go to another it still shows the previous one as new & unread, so shows lots of new replies I’ve already read and liked / replied to, or if I go to the homepage whatever threads I’ve read are showing as unread, I’ve tried logging out and in again.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

I thought I might have noticed this 2-3 times yesterday or the day before. I was using different devices so I wrote it off to that, but now on reflection that doesn’t make sense at all. :cowboy_hat_face:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #3

Richard will be announcing a plan to upgrade the hardware soon. Until then, hang in there. The system is doing it’s best. We’re just so abundant and glorious here. :rofl:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

I don’t know but it feels like activity is kind of low lately don’t you think? :cowboy_hat_face:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #5

It seems like a lot of people are reading and not really commenting as much as this summer. I wondered if the wave is finally hitting the beach, or I could be wrong and there could be a big influx of new members after the holidays. Probably that!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6

Oh, definitely expect a huge temporary post New Years crowd with resolutions made while extremely drunk to loose the holiday bulge, and win the weight loss bet at the office pool with the miracle loose 20 lbs a week KETO Diet! :joy::joy::grin::cowboy_hat_face:

(Susan) #7

Then we will all just have to be extra enthusiastic about encouraging them not to give up then, eh? =).

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

The forums changed ISP’s earlier this year, to cut costs. (Despite the Patreon page, Carl and Richard are still paying a lot of the costs out of their own pockets.)

Unfortunately, the servers at the less-expensive ISP are also slower, so from time to time, the system gets behind and takes a while to catch up again (the Discourse software does a lot of processing behind the scenes). Richard is hoping that the proposed changes will help. The change won’t happen soon, however, and is still in the planning stages, so best not to discuss details.