Should I eat more fat or just stop eating the rest of the day altogether and save myself now?

keto
fat
sugar
carbs

(Metanoia) #1

Okay, so i ate very keto all day, but i THINK i went over my 20 grams of carbs limit by like 10-20 (20 tops)

Its that time of month and i ate one bite of cheesecake . I work at the cheesecake factory corporate office and …well…i am trying to just pretend that bite didnt happen. I am still under my calories for the day, i havent had enough fat, i was planning on having a high fat dinner to meet my fat macros today , but now since i had a little bit of sugar and extra carbs im afraid it will cause the fat to store on my body rather than continue burning it?

(Sjur Gjøstein Karevoll) #2

If it’s literally just one bite of cheesecake then that sugar should be gone in a couple hours at most. Have your dinner as usual and try to plan for the next time you’re in a similar situation.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

We tell people to restrict carbohydrate to less than 20 g/day because that is a level at which even the most insulin-resistant folks can get into ketosis. But Dr. Phinney defines LCHF as under about 100 g/day, and a lot of people can eat that much carbohydrate and still be ketotic. So who knows? You might be one of the lucky ones who can handle a higher level of carbohydrate, but you might not. In any case, keep ketoing on and keep eating fat to satiety.

If you really need to eat cheesecake, get hold of one of the low-carb cheesecake recipes (there are several posted here in the Food forum) and make one of them. Then bring a piece to work for those occasions when you might be tempted to eat a piece of sugar-filled cheesecake.