Shortening IF window tomorrow

(jilliangordona) #1

Since there isn’t regular fast category yet (from what I can tell) I thought I’d leave this here.

Normally I eat from 11:00-8, however unfortunately it’s more like eat a little bit at 11 and everything else around 7 due to MY not so flexible teacher schedule. I’m going to start totally skipping lunch tomorrow. Any tips? I’ll start morning with BPC and keep some macademia nuts at my desk just in case.

(Guardian of the bacon) #2

I’ve found that if I give myself an out…I’ll probably take it. I travel for work a lot. I try to just carry what I intend to eat.

(jilliangordona) #3

Good call. Perhaps I will leave the nuts in the car instead.

(Scott Shillady) #4

I am that way as well, when I was starting IF i used to make sure I brought a baggie of bacon with me, Mid afternoon I would feel the “need” to eat it. I now go to work and all i have in the breakroom fridge is fresh butter. most days i dont even touch that now

A few cups of savory bone broth or beef bouillon a day (with the addition of keto-coffee in the morning) have helped me immensely during my last two five-day fasts. For me the actual act of masticating and eating any solid food seems to stimulate digestive functions and causes hunger and craving so nuts would be off the table. Any while macadamia nuts have the highest source of fat they are a little too high in carbs for me. I like to stay under 15g/day and I’d prefer to save that for steamed broccoli and spinach sauteed in coconut oil! Good luck!