Short-Term Consumption of Sucralose with, but Not without, Carbohydrate Impairs Neural and Metabolic Sensitivity to Sugar in Humans - ScienceDirect

('Jackie P') #1

“Short-Term Consumption of Sucralose with, but Not without, Carbohydrate Impairs Neural and Metabolic Sensitivity to Sugar in Humans - ScienceDirect” https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1550413120300577?dgcid=rss_sd_all
This randomly popped up on my phone!
Interesting read, I think it’s saying drink a soda on it’s own not with food. But then my head started spinning round and I got lost!:exploding_head::scream:

Low-Carb Diet May Reverse, Prevent Age-Related Cognitive Decline
(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

I wonder with protein/fat? I suspect not. My work shift on Wednesday I had a sugar free Red Bull (aspartame and acesulfame potassium, not sucralose) with my meal of pepperoni sausages. They’re mostly protein and fat with 2 grams of carbs per 100gr. So that meal contained a total of 4 grams of carbs, 56 grams of fat and 32 grams of proteins.

Here are the details of that meal.

Here’s my glucose plot for the day. I have no way to test insulin directly, but presume it follows glucose fairly closely. I ate meal 2 between 10:30 - 11:30 and there was only a slight rise in glucose that started to fall again within an hour.